JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Perineal scar irritation? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2691264-perineal-scar-irritation.html)

CherryLimeade November 8th, 2013 10:36 PM

Perineal scar irritation?

Has anyone else had any issues with the area where they previously tore being irritated/sore this pregnancy? It's just kind of tender. I think it may be because my lady parts are a bit swollen. And the fact that it happened only 16mos ago. But it's started hurting when DH and I have sex.
Not fun :(

mgail November 9th, 2013 04:15 AM

Re: Perineal scar irritation?

Ugh, that stinks. Hope that it will not tear anymore this go around and will be nice and stretchy for all of us!!

Also, what is sex exactly? I think I've just plain forgot!

Oriyan November 9th, 2013 05:28 AM

Mines not tender, but I can see it now that I am all larger down there. Before you could never see it.

kara74 November 9th, 2013 05:47 AM

No irritation here, thankfully. Sorry you're having to experience that. :(

Yes, what is this sex thing you speak of? I don't even remember the last time lol. What with lack of privacy, this huge, awkward belly, and wanting to strangle DH most of the time....it just doesn't happen.

Brittanie November 9th, 2013 09:53 AM

Yep, I always do when pregnant. :/ Not that there's much sex going on over here either...

CherryLimeade November 9th, 2013 11:20 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't be doing it either, but DH is persistent lol

But I'm pretty sure this means I'll tear right there again. Eh oh well. It's just part of birth.

Brittanie November 9th, 2013 02:30 PM

Yep, another thing that has happened every time for me. I even try oiling and massaging to get to to stretch more, but my skin just isn't stretchy. :/

CherryLimeade November 9th, 2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie (Post 27788486)
Yep, another thing that has happened every time for me. I even try oiling and massaging to get to to stretch more, but my skin just isn't stretchy. :/

Oh no! I'm sorry mama. Is it about the same degree every time? or?

Maybe I should try using oil. It can't hurt.

HorseGal November 9th, 2013 07:41 PM

I bet it's hurting because of the swelling which is pulling on that scar tissue. Scar tissue doesn't like to stretch as easy. I know I had a lot of pain in the first half of my pregnant with my csection scar hurting.

Brittanie November 9th, 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLimeade (Post 27788617)
Oh no! I'm sorry mama. Is it about the same degree every time? or?

Maybe I should try using oil. It can't hurt.

It's the same degree (2nd) because it's the entire length of the scar but it's "superficial" because it's never deep. I needed several stitches the first time (in the teens somewhere?), and with the others they've only put one or 2 in the center "for good measure," so it doesn't tear any further/more deeply.

CherryLimeade November 9th, 2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie (Post 27788790)
It's the same degree (2nd) because it's the entire length of the scar but it's "superficial" because it's never deep. I needed several stitches the first time (in the teens somewhere?), and with the others they've only put one or 2 in the center "for good measure," so it doesn't tear any further/more deeply.

I know I had A LOT of stitches the first time. I felt every. single. one. Owwie. I hope I don't need as many this time, either.

Brittanie November 9th, 2013 08:18 PM

Yep, me too. I felt myself tear, felt every stitch. I don't think that they'd realized how much my epidural had worn off, and it was so emotionally....intense/upsetting/what have you, I didn't think to say anything.