JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Totally O - homework help? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2695990-totally-o-homework-help.html)

ChicaChels December 3rd, 2013 09:08 AM

Totally O - homework help?

We have to evaluate a TV show character that depicts a childhood behavior disorder. I dont watch any shows that have that, and google isnt much help...does anyone watch a show that might display it? It has to be a child, or I would do Michael Schofield from prison break but I am CLUELESS on a child?!

this is the actual assignment

Examine television characters that portray child behavior that could be considered abnormal. Provide details about the behavior, including how other characters react to it. Were there stereotypes about abnormal behavior that were being used deliberately by the producers and what effect they are pursuing?

redbirds December 3rd, 2013 09:12 AM

Re: Totally O - homework help?

Oh, a child? I was going to say Monk :giggle:

I don't watch shows with kids in them, now, and the kiddie shows my kids watch don't have this. Hmmm.... Man, that's a hard one.

swade66 December 3rd, 2013 09:17 AM

Parenthood has a child with autism.

I got nothing for just a bad kid.

ChicaChels December 3rd, 2013 09:20 AM

4 people have already done the child with autism from parenthood so i was trying to stay away from that. i dont watch the show, but it seems to be all that anyone can come up with.

gwynne i thought of monk too

SmilingSam December 3rd, 2013 09:24 AM

*lurking* but could you use a cartoon? Like Stewie from Family Guy or one of the Simpson kids?

ChicaChels December 3rd, 2013 09:55 AM

I think I decided on Kathleen Stabler from Law & order SVU. Im not sure if we can do a cartoon, stewie was suggested a lot on my FB too. Ive never seen family guy in my life so i have no idea what his deal is

hugssandi December 3rd, 2013 10:09 AM

My darling says Caillou, as he is SO not a fan~LOL! I'm not sure it quite fits the bill.

There is also a Yoplait commercial with teen girls where the Mom swaps the Yoplait, and the daughter swaps her boyfriend.

swade66 December 3rd, 2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugssandi (Post 27834522)
My darling says Caillou, as he is SO not a fan~LOL! I'm not sure it quite fits the bill.

There is also a Yoplait commercial with teen girls where the Mom swaps the Yoplait, and the daughter swaps her boyfriend.

:lol: I hate that kid! PBS is ban from our apartment.

JulieC7 December 3rd, 2013 10:50 AM

The boy in Shameless has to have at least 5 diagnosable issues.

anybodyinthere December 3rd, 2013 11:10 AM

Yes, every character from Shameless is a case study in abnormal psych lol!

Too bad Sheldon is too old on BBT...

Jodimarie December 3rd, 2013 12:36 PM

The tv show with kiefer sutherland I think its called "Touch" His son has autism. Good show :)

ChicaChels December 3rd, 2013 02:01 PM

ive never even heard of half of these shows.

calliou or whatever the hell his name is, is banned in this house.

NCRG2010 December 3rd, 2013 02:06 PM

There is a show called "the middle" their son brick has a lot of social issues. It's a comedy but still can be used. He does this thing where at the end of a sentence he will whisper the last few words.

Oriyan December 3rd, 2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27834328)
We have to evaluate a TV show character that depicts a childhood behavior disorder. I dont watch any shows that have that, and google isnt much help...does anyone watch a show that might display it? It has to be a child, or I would do Michael Schofield from prison break but I am CLUELESS on a child?!

this is the actual assignment

Examine television characters that portray child behavior that could be considered abnormal. Provide details about the behavior, including how other characters react to it. Were there stereotypes about abnormal behavior that were being used deliberately by the producers and what effect they are pursuing?

I think the key there is "that PORTRAY child behavior" -- So you are looking for someone who portrays one of the child like behaviors. If you take Erik Eriksons Psychosocial stages such as -- Initiative vs. Guilt -- if you have ever watched House MD you can talk about House -- he is a good one with that stage. :)

Look at that -- I FINALLY put my 55,000 dollar Masters Degree in Psych to use! How about that! LOL

ChicaChels December 3rd, 2013 05:02 PM

i love house

Oriyan December 3rd, 2013 05:10 PM

You could have a field day writing about House himself and all the issues he has. Trust v. Mistrust... and a whole gaggle of other psychologists models.