JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   You remembering to take care of yourself? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2702811-you-remembering-to-take-care-yourself.html)

Brittanie January 11th, 2014 11:23 AM

You remembering to take care of yourself?

Especially you moms with older kids like me...you remembering to, you know, eat? Finding time to shower?

The Aubrey January 11th, 2014 12:29 PM

Doing pretty well...but my older ds is in school, so that certainly makes it a little easier!

bundle2baby January 11th, 2014 12:38 PM

Re: You remembering to take care of yourself?

When DH is home, he's so helpful and makes sure I have time to take care of me (shower, meals, bathroom breaks). When he's at work, not so easy. Depends on whether I can get Michael to sit in the swing for a bit or take a nap. Then I try to cram in a load of laundry, fixing lunch, dishes, folding laundry, picking up around the house, and a quick bite to eat. It will get a tiny bit better when Michael isn't marathon nursing around the clock. Just trying to keep hydrated is hard right now.

hugssandi January 11th, 2014 01:39 PM

I have been a lazy.. um.... So, YEAH!

NCRG2010 January 11th, 2014 03:05 PM

No lol. I shower and blow out my hair but that's about it

Betts January 11th, 2014 04:45 PM

Showering every other day. Eating two meals. But she never wants to be put down so practically swallowing those two meals whole.

swade66 January 11th, 2014 04:56 PM

I make sure that I get a shower every day. I like to shower in the morning, if I have to wait until evening I pretty much hate myself by then. I eat no problem because I can get food together while holding her.

kara74 January 11th, 2014 05:22 PM

I take showers with DD1 if DD2 is sleeping. Sometimes that only happens every other day. I eat a quick snack in the morning and then something for dinner but usually while standing up holding Laila. Any hands free time I get is usually spent cleaning up some sort of mess or doing laundry.

TwinMamaS January 11th, 2014 05:41 PM

I'm eating three meals a day. Trying to get in a shower every other day, but I did just go 3 days. Now if I could only remember to brush my teeth more than once a day.

The weekends are great because my mom comes down so I can go run errands and I actually went to lunch with a friend today.

Now that we're on a 4 hour feeding schedule I should have a little more me time to take care of the necessities.

redbirds January 11th, 2014 05:45 PM

:hahano:

I barely take showers, I am greasy and have spit up on my sweatshirts, that I'm living in now at home.

I eat standing up, hate cooking more than ever, so I'd rather not eat, or just have a protein bar for my lunch and the kids get canned soup or a sandwich or something easy and fast for their lunch.

Sleep is always #1 on my list, but my LOUD sweet little boy makes sure I don't know what that is any more.

My boobs are always hanging out of my shirt with a sweet little thing attached to one of them.

NCRG2010 January 11th, 2014 08:03 PM

Roflmao my boobs are always out too

bundle2baby January 12th, 2014 04:12 PM

LOL...Gwynne described things perfectly down to the LOUD little boy who won't let you sleep and boobs always hanging out with a little munchkin attached. :lol:

CherryLimeade January 12th, 2014 09:46 PM

I think I'm staying on top of things better than at the end of pregnancy lol. I get a shower or bath every day. I just need Lilah to nap for a bath. DS usually stands in the bathroom with me, throwing his bath toys in the tub lol. I haven't found time to do my eyebrows though... Cause I'm usually trying to clean if I have any time on my hands. And I'm on top of feeding myself and cooking every night. I just make myself something every time I feed DS. DH has made a few meals, too. I'm glad he likes to cook sometimes!

JulieMc January 14th, 2014 07:08 PM

I scarf down food anytime I can..i pig out and hope ive eaten enough.. I will not give up my shower..its my only time of solitude. So I shower while the twins nap so its not too much of a burden on my husband with them and the 3 and 4 yr old. I am, however, not getting nearly the sleep i need or desire, which is not so good.... :/ Ive been living in shirts and sweatpants or yoga pants...no sense in getting all dressed up when im just going to get spit up on.