JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Postpartum Bleeding (TMI) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2703614-postpartum-bleeding-tmi.html)

novastar222 January 16th, 2014 08:06 AM

Postpartum Bleeding (TMI)

Okay, so I am 4 weeks pp on monday. I'm pretty sure I've pretty much stopped bleeding out of my vagina- maybe just spotting. However, I am still bleeding out of my urethra :/ and today when I went to the bathroom I had a blood clot the size of a nickel come out of it. I know it was from there because I saw it detach from my urethra. I'm so confused. I had a catheder so I am assuming it is probably trauma from that.

Is this normal..? Should I be calling my doctor or can I ride it out until my 6week check if it hasn't stopped?

Oh, I should also add that they told me I had a small first degree tear they didn't stitch, maybe it could have been a tear frontwards? :shrugs: I have no clue!:(

JulieC7 January 16th, 2014 09:22 AM

Re: Postpartum Bleeding (TMI)

I would definitely call. I had a catheter and had a couple of tiny streaks of normal red blood in the tube in the hospital, but definitely nothing since. The size of a nickel? Did that hurt pretty bad?

Maybe a bizarro UTI? Whatever it is I don't think you should wait two weeks to see if it gets worse.

novastar222 January 16th, 2014 09:43 AM

It didnt hurt coming out at all in fact I didnt even notice it until I went to the bathroom

SweetiePeas January 16th, 2014 09:49 AM

Please call,that does not sound normal, especially this far out.

swade66 January 16th, 2014 01:39 PM

I got nothing. I'd call the doctor.

VallyD January 16th, 2014 06:54 PM

Dropping in from July

I had something like this after I had my son and turns out I had a Strep B infection I developed AFTER delivery in the urethra, I would definitely get it checked out! I hope you feel better!

NCRG2010 January 16th, 2014 10:26 PM

Definitely call

redbirds January 17th, 2014 09:11 AM

((HUGS)) Samantha! I'd call, I've no idea, but it doesn't hurt to call the doc ;)

lily26 January 17th, 2014 02:59 PM

i agree call!! that doesnt sounud normal

hugssandi January 17th, 2014 04:19 PM

Any updates on how you're doing?

novastar222 January 21st, 2014 12:34 PM

Oops, sorry ladies!! I called them, they said there wasn't a nurse available at the moment and if I wanted to hold I could.. But I was super busy (Baby has been going through a major growth spurt.) I said I would call back but in the hassle of everything never did, my bleeding went brown the next day then completely stopped. So, I don't know if maybe the way I was laying made it look like it came out of my urethra or what but I have no more bleeding.. So strange.