JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Back to Work... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2704137-back-to-work.html)

swade66 January 19th, 2014 04:26 PM

Back to Work...

Who has gone back to work?

Anyone going back tomorrow? Soon?

I go back tomorrow. That was a fast 6 weeks! I know I will cry the whole way to the office tomorrow and probably a week or so after. At least I will be doing some work for my old team, that makes me happy!

I will be pumping at work too. Right now I hand express because I have fissures on both nipples (ouch!) but they are healing up so hopefully I will be using the electric soon.

redbirds January 19th, 2014 10:27 PM

Re: Back to Work...

GL at work tomorrow! I never really had time off (work from home, my own business) but I never had to leave these kiddos, so I'm super fortunate for my career. I hope it's a good day and you make it through ;)

Hope those nipples heal!

swade66 January 20th, 2014 06:37 AM

I am putting off getting ready. I need to leave here in 40 minutes and I am watching the baby sleep. :lol:

I should be able to do it, right? Shower, hair, dressed in 40 minutes? haha

kara74 January 20th, 2014 09:26 AM

I have another 6 weeks off but honestly I wish I were going back this week. My 2 yr old is driving me nuts. :/

Oriyan January 20th, 2014 05:58 PM

Who has gone back to work? Never really stopped working. Walked in the door at 14 days PP to do some work. I officially went back FT on Jan 6.

Anyone going back tomorrow? Soon? See above :)

The Aubrey January 20th, 2014 08:01 PM

I've been in and out of the office and working from home the whole time, but I'm going back full time tomorrow! :-(

Lily81972 January 21st, 2014 05:58 PM

I went back on January 6th after being off from November 9th due to preeclampsia issues, had James on nov 20th and I really wasn't ready. Luckily I get to face time my lil one at lunch time while I pump. First few days of pumping at work stunk, I was not going every three hours so supply was dropping now it's a lil better.

HorseGal January 22nd, 2014 07:49 AM

I started full time paramedic school the 14th. It's going well. Just 2 four hour classes a week.

prayingforbaby13 January 22nd, 2014 08:35 AM

I go back to work whenever I want because I need to look for another job. I was laid off my job nov. 30..

blakesgirl09 January 24th, 2014 01:54 PM

I go back on the 3rd and I'm really NOT looking forward to it :(

bajars2531 January 26th, 2014 07:20 PM

IF I go back I am going at the beginning of March. I am going to start looking into the daycare situation to see what I can find this week. I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me really wants to work, and a lot of me doesn't. The problem is I carry the insurance and retirement since I work for the city. It's stressful to think about so I have been putting off having serious conversations with my boss and husband about it.

kara74 January 27th, 2014 02:32 PM

I've been putting off making a decision about work, too. Do I put DD1 in daycare so my mom can watch Laila? She can't handle both full time. Do I go down to part time? I discussed it with DH this morning and finally got up the nerve to talk to my office manager about possibly working from home two days a week so I don't have to go down to part time. Now I'm waiting for her to get back to me about it.