JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pumping Mamas (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2704358-pumping-mamas.html)

swade66 January 20th, 2014 10:23 PM

Pumping Mamas

Who is pumping?

How is that going?

I busted out the electric today since I was at work. I think my manual pump is what caused my fissures because even with them this manual didn't hurt and the manual is unbearable. The only thing is it is working better if I keep it on "let down" and don't change it to regular pump. Not sure why that is. Now I just need to get my supply boosted back up. At this point I am usually pumping 30 oz a day at work and today I only pumped 5.5...total bummer.

TwinMamaS January 21st, 2014 02:25 PM

Re: Pumping Mamas

I am! It's getting better. I wasn't getting much at first and have been steadily getting around 10-12 oz a day now. I did one round of fenugreek back in December and I think it actually depleted my supply. I just started taking it again this week and I also started eating lactation cookies and my supply is already increasing. I went from getting 2 oz after pumping for 30 minutes and now I'm getting 3-4 oz for 15-30 minutes of pumping. I use a medela double electric pump. I do have the manual one and I was using that at night, but I've started using the electric one again because I'm lazy lol.

It's still a pain in the butt, but now that I'm having more success I'm feeling better about it. I need to produce 38 oz to feed both of them for 24 hours, so hopefully I'll get there!

swade66 January 21st, 2014 02:33 PM

You are doing great!

I need to.bake up some cookies. Fenugreek doesn't do much for me.

redbirds January 23rd, 2014 10:32 PM

With each baby, I've pumped less and less. I hate pumping, even though I never had troubles with it. I really wonder if I'll pump at all with this one! I should. Sigh.

swade66 January 24th, 2014 01:27 AM

Pumping sucks and I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to.

I did get 12 ounces today. That's 3 more than she drank.

Black_Rose1990 January 29th, 2014 06:19 PM

I must ask where did you get lactation cookies??? or do you have a recipe for them??? I am in australia and kind of need to boost my milk supply

swade66 January 29th, 2014 07:37 PM

Here is a recipe.

Lactation cookies for Breastfeeding moms Recipe by NANICAROLINE | SparkRecipes

Black_Rose1990 January 29th, 2014 07:47 PM

Thank you very much :)

Jodimarie January 31st, 2014 08:12 AM

I've been pumping! I only got a few drops in the beginning then it slowly increased to 1 ounce every two hours then 1 1/2, 2 and I just started getting 3 oz every two hours. I've been taking goats rue for about two weeks now, fenugreek made Kaiden super fussy so I couldnt take that anymore and I just started taking domperidone (Motilium) that I ordered from an online pharmacy so hopefully It will keep improving!

swade66 January 31st, 2014 07:54 PM

You're doing awesome! Seriously 3 ounces every two hours is amazing!

I am getting between 12 and 17 ounces a working day. That's pumping three times....10am, 1pm and 4pm

Jodimarie February 1st, 2014 09:46 AM

Thank you :) I've been really trying my hardest to get my milk supply up. I've been able to mostly breast feed him now too because it isnt excruciatingly painful to feed him anymore lol being able to just wake up in the middle of the night, change him and breastfeed him is waaaayyy easier than getting up, changing him, warming/mixing a bottle, feeding him then getting him back to sleep before I have to pump for 30-45 minutes...lol Its really starting to work out for me!

12-17 ounces from only three pumps is great!