JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-december-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Has anyone with a home doppler... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-december-2014-playroom/2718747-has-anyone-home-doppler.html)

tbaby5 May 1st, 2014 09:47 AM

Has anyone with a home doppler...

been able to hear the HB yet? I am at 8w3d and still waiting patiently. Or not so patiently, as the case may be.
For those of you that are thinking of buying/renting one, I caution you to wait. At least until 9 weeks or so to order it. I am driving myself nuts! I think most of us are worried about m/c, and not being able to hear the HB makes it even that much worse! Arrrggg! I know you aren't supposed to be able to hear it this early, but I heard it at 9 weeks with all my others. It's just frustrating. :eek: And scary.

Rebelmommy May 1st, 2014 09:49 AM

Re: Has anyone with a home doppler...

I tried last night to find my bean.. no luck but I know me.. I will try twice a day every day until I do :)

JackieV May 1st, 2014 09:49 AM

I want one but wasn't sure when to get it?! What brand do you recommend and where did you get it? I'm thinking about buying one :)

tbaby5 May 1st, 2014 09:53 AM

With all my other pregnancies I rented from BabyBeat.com. This time I found one online for $50- SonolineB. There are good reviews about it, but I wonder if it is as sensitive as the other one I used to rent. Not sure.

Rebelmommy May 1st, 2014 10:06 AM

I love my Sonoline B.. it si basically teh same one they use in my Dr.'s office

ajcbaby May 1st, 2014 10:08 AM

I bought the Sonoline B as well and we've tried every day...no luck for us yet.

Hopeful2BMommy May 1st, 2014 10:08 AM

I have! I'm 8 weeks and was so surprised to hear that galloping heartbeat this early. It takes me a long time and it is not easy to find. Sometimes I can't find it at all, but if I do it's pretty faint and usually fades before it gets registered on the screen. If this is your first time with a Doppler, though, I would suggest waiting until 10 weeks to try. Just because there are so many sounds that you will pick up that won't be baby and it's so hard to find until then. With my first, I found it at 10 weeks. But before I knew what I was listening for, I thought about 5 other noises was baby. Once you are used to the sound, there is no mistaking it. :)

JackieV May 1st, 2014 10:33 AM

So im.about to order one and the n I think.... will I use it past my first OB appointment? I do t know im so torn! I'm crazy enough as it is and don't want to add more to it!!

Rebelmommy May 1st, 2014 10:40 AM

You will use it the whole pregnancy trust me :D

Hopeful2BMommy May 1st, 2014 11:05 AM

I used mine with Eli regularly until I started feeling movement. Then I still did occasionally.

JackieV May 1st, 2014 05:12 PM

Well, just bought mine today!! Hopefully it comes in early next week. So, i will be about 9.5 weeks and should hear it :) YAY!!

BSandDsMommy May 2nd, 2014 02:19 AM

I actually tried earlier but no luck, will try again next week

choochoo07 May 2nd, 2014 06:26 AM

I found my little bean today and I just turned 8 weeks today....for my dd i remember i found her around the same time...like amy said, if you're use to the sound, there is no mistake you found the little bean!!