JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Done Having Children (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/)
-   -   Were you pregnant when you decided you were done? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/1901979-were-you-pregnant-when-you-decided-you-were-done.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama March 8th, 2010 07:08 PM

Were you pregnant when you decided you were done?

Just curious how many of us were pregnant when we decided we were done... :)

I was...

Kimberly7878 March 9th, 2010 05:20 AM

Re: Were you pregnant when you decided you were done?

I was.

MidgeMadge March 9th, 2010 11:14 AM

Yup, I was too!

Amaranth Dhanya March 9th, 2010 01:41 PM

We knew we didnt want anymore than 3 so we knew before I was actually pregnant that it would be our last.

MellieB March 9th, 2010 10:26 PM

oh yeah

morebluethanpink March 10th, 2010 08:42 PM

No. I knew before conception that I wanted only one more. During my sucky horrible pregnancy it reinforced that yes, I only wanted this last one. Now that she's here, im still sure I don't want more..

Christines Mama March 10th, 2010 11:28 PM

I was too.

*Kiliki* March 11th, 2010 01:32 PM

i only ever wanted 3 so i knew before i had any kids that i would be done when i had 3...but i was technically done after #2 cause dh didnt want anymore then we got a little surprise LOL

youngwoman March 15th, 2010 05:06 AM

Not me, I decided after.

Lonomia March 15th, 2010 09:31 AM

Yes! I decided during this pregnancy.

chloe2005 March 15th, 2010 09:43 AM

Nope, I decided after.

Gina1978 March 22nd, 2010 08:37 AM

I was pregnant when I decided that I didnt want to go through that again.
My SPD was so painful.Noelia was healthy the whole time,and Im thankful for that,but the pain was excrutiating!!
I remember not being able to get out of bed on my own,not being able to get dressed without help,not being able to walk,turn over in bed..I knew that I just couldent do that again.

~Got Pink~ March 22nd, 2010 08:51 AM

before i got pregnant this time, I thought i was done, but didn't make it official... I thought that maybe if we wanted to start all over again in 4-5 years it would be good... then I got preg. and now I know for sure that I'm done.... I knew as soon as the + test came up that this was my very last baby.

Delsol March 22nd, 2010 02:15 PM

I knew this would be the last one before he was conceived. We started late. We had our girl (when I was 36), then got our boy last year. I turn 40 this year and am happy to have the child bearing years behind us! :D

mama von 4 May 30th, 2010 01:58 AM

I was, but DH want more kids.

4wildflowers May 30th, 2010 09:46 AM

Yes, well sort of. After #3 I knew I wanted one more, but I still worried I wouldn't feel "done" if we had one more. Once I was pregnant with #4, I felt done, and still do to this day.

Marias Mama October 5th, 2010 10:27 PM

I was too!

rebeccabaltimore and more October 7th, 2010 10:49 AM

Yes. Grant's older brother was stillborn, and we lost Grant's co-triplets at 14 weeks. We were pretty sure we were done before was conceived Grant, when we lost the other babies we were sure. Grant's NICU stay was just the nail in the coffin.

JessW7 November 6th, 2010 08:00 AM

i originally wanted 4. After my first I told DH i never wanted to do that again. After #2 I wanted more but then got PPD and again said no more. But after the PPD was gone I decided I wanted one more and that was it. Then I hated being preggo again and having three has been overwhelming! I feel like Baylee completes our family and we are done. We decided that for sure while she was baking :)

AmyT November 11th, 2010 01:59 PM

Nope...I am just coming around to the idea. DH is 41 and he said no more after 40. I'm liking the freedom that comes with the kids getting older, but sometimes it does make me sad to think that I will not have any more babies.