JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Done Having Children (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/)
-   -   Introducing myself :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/2411406-introducing-myself.html)

mrsdaiwa24 September 10th, 2011 08:14 AM

Introducing myself :)

Hi ladies! :D

My name is Amy. My beautiful daughter Betsy just turned one a couple of days ago (her real name is Elisabeth, but we've always called her Betsy). My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we're both teachers, and we've decided that we're done having children. I was hoping that there was a forum for this because truthfully, I've been having a hard time with this decision as of late and was hoping that I'd some some other mommies in a similar situation.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and your kiddos!

Jennhowru September 12th, 2011 02:13 PM

Re: Introducing myself :)

Hi Amy. I'm Jenn. Wife to Lyle, and mom to Austin (8) and Aubrey (6).

Welcome aboard. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I am just now finally coming to terms with the fact that we are DONE. I loved being pregnant, but when I was pregnant with Aubrey, I knew that it was not financially feasible for us to have more than 2 kids. We have not done anything permanent as of yet, so we CAN always change our minds...but I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Your little Betsy is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!!

youngwoman September 13th, 2011 11:45 AM

Welcome Amy! Betsy is a cutie pie! :)

I'm Amanda, 31, and my DH & I are done with one as well. I'm sorry you're having a rough time; are you unhappy with your decision or running into negative comments from others?

Amaranth Dhanya September 13th, 2011 05:26 PM

Welcome! She is a cutie pie!!

There are a few ladies here that are "one and done" and I believe there is a subforum for them as well. Hopefully you will find some comfort and similar thinking so you dont have such a hard time.

My name is Hillarie and Im married to Dan...Im in my late 30's, he's in his late 40's and we have 3 boys. Connor is 7, Avery is 5, and Devinn is 3 1/2. I knew we were done for absolutely positive while pregnant with Devinn and had my tubes tied after his birth.

Hope you enjoy it here and we can help you out in any way needed!

mrsdaiwa24 September 13th, 2011 07:38 PM

Thanks ladies! Jenn, like you, we've made the decision to stop but haven't done anything permanent to ensure that Betsy will be an only child.

I've been struggling with my decision because there's a part of me that would like to try for another. However, there were a lot of issues that developed after her birth (some PPD, marriage issues, C-section recovery) and even after a year, I just don't think I could go through all of that again plus raise a toddler. The pain of everything is still too fresh and raw.

I always told myself that if God blessed me with a child, that I would be happy with just one -- and don't get me wrong, I am. Betsy is an adorable and precious little girl -- she's my absolute world and I love her with all of my heart. And if she is my only child, then I will be happy with that -- I am so incredibly lucky to have her in my life.

youngwoman September 14th, 2011 05:06 AM

I understand where you're coming from. I had an emergency c-section followed by PPD as well, and while I know I would be more prepared next time, the thought of doing it all again makes me apprehensive.

I think it's good to not do anything permanent just yet. Like you said, everything still feels fresh and raw, and there is that part of you that might want to try again. Give it some time. HUGS

*Jennifer* September 14th, 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 (Post 24805679)
Hi ladies! :D

My name is Amy. My beautiful daughter Betsy just turned one a couple of days ago (her real name is Elisabeth, but we've always called her Betsy). My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we're both teachers, and we've decided that we're done having children. I was hoping that there was a forum for this because truthfully, I've been having a hard time with this decision as of late and was hoping that I'd some some other mommies in a similar situation.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and your kiddos!

Welcome. I am pretty new here too. Your daughter is adorable!

I too am in my mid-30s anda a teacher. Our decision to have one was made before we got married. I may regret it later in life, but that is not a reason to have another child. I do know I cried and cried over the thought of having only one soon after my little guy was born. Thank you hormones. Now, I am happy with my little family!

mrsdaiwa24 September 16th, 2011 02:19 PM

Thanks for the support! I think that as long as we don't do anything permanent, I can always have that little bit of hope.

It's nice to meet all of you! During the school week, I have a hard time finding time to get onto JM (it's hard enough trying to stay up to date in my PR!), but I try. :)

MellieB September 18th, 2011 08:13 PM

Welcome!

I'm Mellie. I have Jasmine who is almost 5, Lucy who is almost 2 and Zachary.