JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Done Having Children (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/)
-   -   Question for mother that got there tubes tied. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/2657002-question-for-mother-got-there-tubes-tied.html)

Sweetpea24 June 7th, 2013 05:23 PM

Question for mother that got there tubes tied.

I just had my baby may 13, I got my tubes tied and my first question is my doctor that did the surgery said i have a greater chance of having a tubal pregnancy... What is the truth in that? And 2nd, do we have to use a condom or no? I think my fiancee is scared im either going to get pregnant again, or have a tubal.

SWFLbaby June 22nd, 2013 07:36 AM

Re: Question for mother that got there tubes tied.

Very true! I had a tubal ligation, and I don't remember my doctor telling me I had a greater chance of a tubal pregnancy - wish she had! Almost 1 year after my tubal, I started having some occasional pain in my lower left side. I thought I had pulled a muscle or something. Then I had pain in my shoulder. I thought it was from carrying my son. Then I started with lower abdominal pain that would come and go. I was due to get my period, so I just attributed it to that. Later that week the pain got more intense until one night, the pain didn't go away. I had severe bloating and abdominal pain that kept me up at night. I got up to go to the bathroom and almost passed out. I barely made it back to bed. In the morning I told my husband and he rushed me to the E.R. I was thinking gallbladder or something. I passed out in the E.R. and was rushed in. Shortly afterwards a nurse said, "Your pregnancy test came back positive. We are going to do an ultrasound to see what's going on." I was like, "WHAT?" Then I started having difficulty and pain with every breath, so I told the nurse and she said, "That's a sign of internal bleeding - sounds like a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Let me get the doctor, you will probably need emergency surgery." And so I did. The doctor said that if I hadn't gone in when I did, I probably wouldn't be here right now. Scary thought. I don't mean to bore you with the details, but I just wanted to make moms aware of the symptoms. Don't ignore them and attribute them to something else, like I did. Shoulder pain is one of the symptoms (who would have known? It occurs after major internal bleeding and causes irritation to the nerves.) I am still worried it could happen again, even though they said the chances are rare.

Sweetpea24 August 2nd, 2013 05:47 PM

Re: Question for mother that got there tubes tied.

Another question when did you get your first period? I had some spotting for 4 days back at the start of july, then at the end 2 days of spotting. But not full period yet is that normal? We had sex at 3 wks pp with no protection at all I am alittle scared to take a test.