JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Done Having Children (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/)
-   -   I have been on here a couple times not quite a newbie (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f124-done-having-children/531937-i-have-been-here-couple-times-not-quite-newbie.html)

Marie621 April 9th, 2007 02:28 PM

I have three beatiful little girls, 4 2 and 5 weeks. I am trying to decid e if I should get a tubal. I had thought I decided to get an IUD and then wait a few years to decide for sure. MY husband doesn't want anymore. He does not want a vesectomy. He is also catholic and doesn't beleive in bc. I don't like bc it always makes me sick and I don't know if getting an IUd is the best idea. I have read a lot of side effects on an IUD. My husband says that I don't have to get my tubes tied. He says we'll just not get pregnant. WE have used the withdrawl method and it has worked 100% so far, but I know that it is only 75% effective. I know thats a lot of rambling. I am just trying to figure it out. I want another baby, but even if I had another one, I would still want one more. 3 is a lot we have a three bedroom house, so it would be two to a room. WE would have to get a bigger car. but we will eventually have to get a bigger one anyone to let anyone else ride with us.

I guess I was just wondering , how did you make your decision, do you regret and how bad??

#5in2005 April 9th, 2007 09:28 PM

Congrats on your latests addition! First of all, about the IUD, my dr told me that if I were his wife, he would not even consider it for a second. That was enough for me to steer clear.
I always wanted four or five kids, and thought I was done after 4 because of her being a preemie. Dh was ready to go in for the big V, and then I changed my mind, and we had our little Julia. But I knew that this would be it for us. I never pictured myself with more than 5. I got my tubes tied (10 days ago actually) and it's a relief, I am completely happy with the decision. I wouldn't be the kind of mom I wanted to be if I had more on my plate than I do now.
Good luck with your decision, but I wouldn't make any kind of permanent plans so soon after having had a baby.

bexmommy April 10th, 2007 07:23 AM

Welcome to thee board! :D

I don't regret having my tubes done one bit, b/c as soon as i found out i was preg with DD i knew that i didn't want any more

mrshowdy April 14th, 2007 12:44 PM

ive had an iud for about a year now, and am fine with it. everyone is different of course, but if you arent sure, i would definately not do anything permanent

ShawnaCAN April 14th, 2007 02:34 PM

We're likely done, but not doing any permanent for a variety of reasons. Both male and sterilization procedures have a lot of risks that we're not comfortable with. We're using a modern form of NFP until menopause. Clinical trials in China found that it was more effective than the IUD's used there, with a rate of 99.64%. Withdrawal is not an option, too risky as a pregnancy would NOT be good for my health right now. So, NFP is an option - highly reliable, immediately reversible if you change your mind down the road, and it wouldn't compromise any of your husbands religious views. You could take a class together before making up your mind about it.

chelly April 15th, 2007 08:33 AM

Congrats on your new little one!
I had my tubes tied during my c-section 4 mons ago. I was kinda stuck, my DH wouldnt do the big V, and I couldnt take any kind of BC because of blood clot reasons. I am also allergic to latex and copper, so I could use condoms, diaphram, or a copper IUD. So we were using natural, it worked for a little over a year. I am 100% sure I dont want anymore kids, for both my own reasons and financially.
I just knew.