JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of April 2015 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2063-due-date-club-april-2015/)
-   -   1st doctor appointment? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2063-due-date-club-april-2015/2728472-1st-doctor-appointment.html)

pthree August 8th, 2014 05:23 PM

1st doctor appointment?

When are you all going to your first doctor visit? Mine is Minday, I'll probably only be like 5 weeks (I really have no clue how far along, but that's my guess) and my husband thinks I'm crazy for going that early. When I was pregnant with DD my OBGYN wouldn't even let you in until eight weeks. But I have a new OBGYN and my friend goes there, too and she went in right away as well when she discovered she was pregnant. Anyhow my husband has me second guessing going in so early. He thinks it's bad luck.

MomtoCarly&Sofia August 8th, 2014 05:27 PM

Re: 1st doctor appointment?

My nurse visit it august 28, I'll be 9 weeks. My first doctor visit is september 8, I'll be 10w 4d.

It's the latest it's ever been. Usually I see the nurse and the doctor right at 8 weeks.

Lorena26 August 8th, 2014 05:30 PM

I went in at just over 5 weeks. My Dr. did some blood work and a few things, no ultrasound yet though.

MomClell August 8th, 2014 05:52 PM

I have an appointment booked with my family doctor for the 27th to discuss allergies so I'll tell him then. He'd usually refer my to an OB at that time, but since I'm already in touch with my OB's office, the family doctor doesn't really have to do anything but put it in my file.

When I last met with my OB (my follow-up appointment after my m/c) she gave me the requisitions for blood work to be done when I found out I was pregnant again. They drew blood twice, 48 hours apart, to check the increase in HCG levels. I had the second one done this morning and should hear from her next week, though I'm not sure when I'll see her.

CountryMedic911 August 8th, 2014 06:51 PM

Mine is the 12th Tuesday I believe lol with my son I went to the ob at 5 weeks

mrs_zipre August 9th, 2014 04:11 AM

My doctor's office sees you at 6 weeks, then 9 for an ultrasound, then every month after that until closer to delivery. My first appointment is August 18th

mcfly August 9th, 2014 06:49 AM

I haven't booked an appointment yet, and I'm kind of dragging my feet about it because I didn't like my OB last time, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to seek out a new one. Better the devil you know, y'know?

Shadeauxe August 9th, 2014 10:01 AM

I have a nurse call on Wed and then a doctor visit later in the day. It's early (~5 wks) because the doctor is going on vacation.

fairymommy August 9th, 2014 12:34 PM

I have an appointment with my family doc of Tuesday, she'll confirm that I am indeed pregnant. Since she doesn't do prenatal/delivery, she will refer me back to the family practice I had my daughter with.

moonjewels August 9th, 2014 12:54 PM

All I know is that I go my university (30 min) away for my ultrasound on Aug. 28th then they release me to my normal ob clinic in my home town.

andi2284 August 9th, 2014 03:40 PM

I haven't made my first appt yet, but my midwife said to call and schedule it in a few weeks for when I'm around 12 weeks.

bettyboopta2 August 9th, 2014 03:43 PM

Already had my 1st one; that's how I found out I was pregnant, lol. She then had me stay & do the prenatal bloodwork (I was just over 5 wks).Next appt is the 12th & I'll be almost 7 wks.

petitchou August 9th, 2014 03:47 PM

I'll see my midwife in Sept at almost 11 weeks.

Mommy2CJnL August 10th, 2014 04:44 AM

I will call tomorrow and set up my appt, usually my midwife schedules them between 8-10 weeks.

gamerrrgrrrl August 10th, 2014 08:17 AM

I have my dating/viablity ultrasound on Aug 29th, 8 weeks along. Right after that is my OB Nurse intake. I see the OB the following week, and the Peri at 12 weeks. :D

I have had a ton of phone calls though, for early beta and progesterone draws, so I am being monitored already.

LaceyMay2630 August 11th, 2014 07:06 AM

Mine is on September 22, I'll be about 11 1/2 ish weeks.

MommytoOne318 August 11th, 2014 10:12 AM

My first appt. is September the 2nd lady told me they will do a sonogram in the doctor's office!! EXCITED!!! :D

mcfly August 11th, 2014 10:58 AM

I finally booked an appointment to see my family doctor this Friday, and hopefully she'll refer me to a different OB this time. Eeeee exciting! I'm so nervous though.