JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of December 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-due-date-club-december-2014/)
-   -   Who is on 3+? How do you handle it (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-due-date-club-december-2014/2719427-who-3-how-do-you-handle.html)

elleon17 May 7th, 2014 07:50 AM

Who is on 3+? How do you handle it

Ok, so I am really nervous about having 3 kids! It was always in the back of my head, but really not so soon (DD - #2, is 11 months)

I work full time, so that's an added element of stress on splitting myself timewise between everything that needs to be done at home (cooking, cleaning, laundry) and spending time with the kids (oh and I have a panic attack thinking about scheduling swim, sports, dance, etc)

DH is not really helpful in the time scheduling part of everything so it really falls on me. I do have a great support system with my parents, but I hate relying on them.

Just need some BTDT examples that this will be all good and I won't end up in a looney bin ;)

choochoo07 May 7th, 2014 08:00 AM

Re: Who is on 3+? How do you handle it

I have 6 year old twins, a 22 month old...I am not sure how i am going to handle an extra baby in the house either. Only time would tell

Countrymom4 May 7th, 2014 09:17 AM

My biggest advice for you would be sports are not a must !!! my oldest DD is into competitive figure skating (lots of days at the rink). Dd2 could care less and goes into skating because we are there. DS I have asked if he wants baseball and he tells me when he is bigger :lol: 2 of my kids love to stay home, and 2 like to go. When we do sports most of the kids go in. Swimming is one day a week and everyone takes lessons. Less running.

5blessings May 7th, 2014 09:19 AM

I wish I could help, but ours are so spaced out, I'm in the same boat as you. When this one comes, we'll have a freshman in college, a sophomore in high school, a 2nd grader and a 22 month old. Their schedules are always soooo opposite. We're probably going to have to tag-team. I won't be able to be at every single function, which is going to be HARD. My hubby helps, but I have to really spell it out for him and remind him what I need him to do the morning of. I am thinking about getting a detailed calendar system in place over the summer. It's getting to the point that I have a hard time remembering when/where we're supposed to be. Maybe I can train hubby to check the calendar every morning to help me keep everything in line. Ugh...I'm stressing out just thinking about it. lol

Repti.Mom May 7th, 2014 09:33 AM

I agree on the sports thing. Unless you're trying to grow some childhood prodigy, waiting a few years til the kids are old enough to just be dropped off and not watched the whole time isn't the end of the world. out of all 7 kids all they do right now is flag football in the fall, violin playing for the 11 year old, and student council. The rest have never really asked to do anything.

Blue_Jar_Mama May 7th, 2014 09:41 AM

This is going to be our 5th baby. My kids are homeschooled so they are with me day and night. It can be a lot when they are younger but right now at their current ages I think it's the easiest. A bit nervous about throwing a baby in! I sometimes envy moms who can send some off to school and only deal with one or two each day. lol ;)

Just take it day to day. Don't try to jump back into all the stuff you did before. It it takes a while to find your grove that's ok.

BSandDsMommy May 7th, 2014 02:23 PM

This will be my fourth...I had three within a 29 month span...two are 10months apart. going from one to two was easy, 2 to 3, was hectic lol I'm praying the fourth is like everyone says and is easy haha once I was able to have a routine it all became easy...with my last three I was a sahm this time I have two small jobs and go to school full time so I'm sure it will be crazy until I can find a routine that works with everything

blessdmommy May 7th, 2014 06:16 PM

I've been told that going from 3-4 is really no big deal. I do plan to baby wear the baby a lot, so I can attempt to keep the same schedule for the older kids in the early months of the new sibs life. I think I'm also going to have to master the art of nursing while babywearing. :)

Repti.Mom May 8th, 2014 05:58 AM

Going to three was the hardest for me too. lol sorry!

elleon17 May 8th, 2014 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repti.Mom (Post 28074734)
Going to three was the hardest for me too. lol sorry!

They did a study on this and 3 is apparently the hardest number! lol

Apparently once you get over 3 (which we will be done after this baby) it's not as hard :)

Candy_Ann May 8th, 2014 06:32 AM

This is #3 for us as well, ds is 10, dd is 5. I'm so nervous about what I'm going to do lol...

Aeterna May 8th, 2014 07:23 AM

Ds2 coming into the picture wasn't so bad once the breastfeeding/pumping struggles had ceased. Once we got into a groove and routine things settled into place.

It was just me until he was 4.5 months because my ex-husband was deployed. Then he deployed again for a year when he was 14 months. And it's been just me and the kids until I re-married in March.

I think this time it will be a smoother transition, hopefully. If I get a take home baby this will make #4. Dd1 will be 10, dd2, 8, and ds2 will turn 5 the day after X-Mas. My older two aren't really involved in extracurricular activities. They're not into sports. Whatever extracurricular activities they do participate in is right after school and during a 6-8 weeks period (art classes).

Since mine are older they will make for great helpers. :)