JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of December 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-due-date-club-december-2014/)
-   -   My brother... is an idiot! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-due-date-club-december-2014/2719847-my-brother-idiot.html)

JackieV May 10th, 2014 06:11 PM

My brother... is an idiot!

So we took my mom her boyfriend and my brother out for mothers day today, since she works tomorrow. Well, we told her about baby this morning and she was so happy! It went great :)

Gast forward to now, my idiot brother POSTS ON FACEBOOK that he's going to be an uncle. We haven't even told the in laws yet... that's tomorrow. I coukd not believe his stupidity. Whether we said not to share or not, that's not his news to put out there! Let me just say, when I came home and told DH we didn't exactly say the nicest things.

Please don't think I'm over reacting. But after 2 losses, and my aunt with a history of losses that he knows about, he should be smart enough to figure out you don't share that sh*# without asking first!

OMG I don't even know what to do with him right now. Mind you, he is a 26 year old adult... supposedly

Vent over.....

NaturalRadiance May 10th, 2014 06:19 PM

Re: My brother... is an idiot!

I was going to ask if he's a teenager lol... yeah that wasn't the best move on his part. Ifs be upset too... did you ask.him to take it down?

JackieV May 10th, 2014 06:21 PM

Oh absolutely! It wasn't an option. I told him it had to come down immediately. I am soooo upset with him! And no he's not a teenager, just an idiot apparently ;-)

I think he feels like a total a** but that's on him. I hate looking like the bad guy all time, but seriously....

sonomom15 May 10th, 2014 06:29 PM

awww, he was probably just super excited about it :) I'm sure he didn't even think about that part....totally thoughtless on his behalf, but he IS a man....lol! :D

JackieV May 10th, 2014 06:33 PM

Lol true. I did acknowledge his excitement. But now he's mad at me...

HeartHelloKitty May 10th, 2014 06:46 PM

DH's cousin did that last time but at least she only posted something on my wall so I could take it down myself. It's very frustrating! I was careful to warn family we've told this time not to say anything until we post something publicly.

palmetto_moon May 12th, 2014 11:46 AM

I don't think men think about that type of thing. I think they get excited and don't see what the big deal is about sharing, especially at 26 and I'm guessing he's never experienced losses first hand to understand exactly why you like to keep that info tucked in a bit until later. Men are almost universally idiots when it comes to that sort of thing unless they've had direct experience in that area.