JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of December 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-due-date-club-december-2014/)
-   -   So, I need help figuring something out :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2040-due-date-club-december-2014/2719850-so-i-need-help-figuring-something-out.html)

sonomom15 May 10th, 2014 06:25 PM

So, I need help figuring something out :)

I'm just trying to figure out exactly when conception was and I'm having a hard time. I was hoping some of you charting gals can help :) It's not a huge huge deal, I'm sure I'll find more out at the ultrasound on Friday, but since we got pregnant after a vasectomy, I just am kind of lost here on when conception/ovulation occurred. Here's the info:

29 day cycle (sometimes this varies, BUT it's been EXACTLY 29 days since January). first day of last period 3/16. DTD on 3/29, BUT we used the last little bit of foam as back up birth control. The next evening (30th), I had excruciating (and when I say excruciating...like I could barely walk for about an hour. Had the pain of been on the other side, I probably would have been in the ER thinking it was appendicitis or something! Definitely the most severe pain I've ever felt with ovulation. Looking back now, it looks like ovulation was supposed to occur on the 31st.
So here's my question with this: With ovulation pain, does ovulation normally occur the day after? Or could I have ovulated a day early on the 30th when the pain was happening?

Then we ALSO DTD April 2nd. This time, no back up, as we were out of the foam, hubby was 8 weeks post vasectomy AND it was more than 48 hours after ovulation since we were due to ovulate on the 31st.

What seems more likely to you? Conception on the 2nd (post ovulation) or conception on the 29th (pre ovulation, but also used back up bc). I'm so confused!! Ordinarily I'd say that conception must have occurred on the 2nd and I just ovulated late, BUT I had that severe ovulation pain on the 30th and it just seems unlikely that ovulation would have occurred so much later than that happening? What do you guys think?

Oh and just a side note too, I know the pain was associated with ovulation. I usually DO have painful ovulations, but this one was more severe for some reason. So I know that the pain was from ovulation, I'm just not sure how long before/after that pain you actually ovulate...or if it's happening during ovulation.

NaturalRadiance May 10th, 2014 06:32 PM

Re: So, I need help figuring something out :)

I don't chart but the times I have felt ovulation it was on the day of ovulation based on when my period came. Conception could have occurred on the 31st.

Blue_Jar_Mama May 10th, 2014 06:46 PM

The 30th is when you ovulated. You can have cervical mucus changes for days before ovulation but the moment you actually have pain there is ovulation. For me it's usually just a few minutes, for others it's hours. You only have about 24 hours after ovulation for fertilization to occur, so the 2nd would have been too far. I would say your foam failed. ;)

Kinsma90 May 10th, 2014 07:49 PM

With DD, I was able to pinpoint it b/c we only had sex once that week.

With this baby, I can narrow it down between two days that were back to back but not sure I'll be able to know for sure between those two.

adele25 May 11th, 2014 07:03 AM

That sounds like the day you ovulated to me. My revised due date matches up exactly to my ovulation pain day (though I've never had it hurt that bad!)

Storm122 May 11th, 2014 08:21 AM

It sounds like you ovulated the 30th when the pain occurred. Sperm can live up to 5 days (female dna sperms) slower swimmers but live long then male dna sperm. So it is possibe for the fertalization to happen later. My brother and sister Inlaw are natural family planning and were trying for a girl. The charted and dtd 36 hours before ovulation and sure enough they are having a girl!

CharlaJoy May 11th, 2014 10:57 AM

I personally have no idea myself either. I had ovulation cramps for 2 days. One day it was on one side & the next day it was on the opposit side. And that is the first time I have ever actually had ovulation cramping.

sonomom15 May 11th, 2014 06:10 PM

Thanks girls!!! My gut tells me conception must have coincided with the ovulation pain too...I'm thankful for your input! :) I also forgot to mention that I actually got my first BFP on April 9th. So if we would have conceived with the April 2nd DTD, then that would have put me testing positive at just 7/8 DPO, which I think is also pretty unlikely. I felt "off" (emotional) and just had the POAS urge. I had some extra cheapie tests from my DD and took one just to "confirm it was stress...lol". It was a squinter, but def BFP. So had we of conceived with the April 2nd DTD, that would have been 7/8 DPO....OR if we conceived around March 30th, that would have been 9/10 DPO, which seems more likely....right?

haha Charlajoy!! You could be having twins! :D

CharlaJoy May 12th, 2014 07:19 AM

I have had multiple people joke with me about that, but I don't go for my first appt until June 3rd! I will be done with my first trimester yikes!