JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of January 2015 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2046-due-date-club-january-2015/)
-   -   BTDT mom's of multiple sex children: Extreme Hormonal Changes? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2046-due-date-club-january-2015/2720536-btdt-moms-multiple-sex-children-extreme-hormonal-changes.html)

my3loves May 16th, 2014 10:43 AM

BTDT mom's of multiple sex children: Extreme Hormonal Changes?

My first two loves are girls. I had the normal hormonal problems. Crying at commercials, puppies, kittens, etc. Now, when I got pregnant with my son...that was a whole different hormonal problem. I was mean and evil. Not in a bad way...OK...maybe sometimes. But that was mainly over people being stupid or inconsiderate. I have a low thresh hold in general over that and can exercise my filter pretty well or use my words in a way you haven't realized what I have said to until later is not at all. I once called on my of my directors a complete idiot and he didn't even realize I did so.

My Son= No Filter. Yesterday I was pulling into the convenient store, now mind you there were two open parking spaces, I had puled in and turned on my blinker for the 2nd space about to open up by a car leaving. This Convertible BMW comes flying in from the other side (could have take the completely the open parking space closest to their entrance) and flies into the space I was patiently waiting for. I live in a high tourist area and lets just say I could tell they where tourist and I ripped them a new one. Luckily, I drive a big truck and 6'2", I can be intimidating...they quickly moved their car. Especially since I told them I was going to Monster truck their little BMW with my Excursion since they were acting like inconsiderate fools. :mad:

When I was preggers with my son, my ex and my BFF could not wait for me to get him out so I could go back to normal. Did anyone else notice difference in their hormonal changes based on the sex of their baby? I did with my first 3, this time could just be I am older and my thresh hold is much lower now?

Tiff802 May 16th, 2014 10:49 AM

Re: BTDT mom's of multiple sex children: Extreme Hormonal Changes?

With all of my pregnancies I had the worst temper in the 1st trimester and then second I am the nicest ever, just cry at everything. Didn't notice a difference with my boys and girl though. Interesting!

my3loves May 16th, 2014 10:57 AM

It is very interesting. I remember crying a lot at a drop of a hat over sappy stuff with the girls. But with my son, it was a whole different story. The only thing I could think of, was being I was carrying a boy, I had higher level or testosterone in my system, which only enhanced things for me. He also changed my eating habits. Things I loved, I ended up hating and things I hated, I loved. Weird thing...they food changes never went back after birth and I still have them to this day.

LJD3Tdance May 16th, 2014 04:14 PM

Idk, I'd have to think about it, I always knew if it was a boy or a girl because I just felt different, but I mainly had the same symptoms. HG doesn't leave much room for any symptoms but HG, but maybe that's how I knew. Maybe it was kind of the be a ***** crying type things. I mean that happens to me in any pregnancy, but maybe there is a difference. I'm totally with you on the I could kill somebody for being inconsiderate today though!

Ashley Kralle May 16th, 2014 05:24 PM

This is my first but I am REALLY cranky and at points just mean. Not sure what that means but my DH certainly would like it to change quickly.

deaths final kiss May 16th, 2014 05:35 PM

Nope... no differences that I've noticed... It's also hard to gauge because I was depressed and angry the entire time I was with my ex husband, so I was miserable during the first 2 (boys), I actually had a happy pregnancy with DD, although I was just as emotional. I'm super emotional this time as well, but also have a bunch of stress from the past year on top of it, and seem to be snapping more (as well as bursting into tears over everything).

anguisette May 17th, 2014 02:58 AM

i remember getting these huge, disproportionate surges of rage when i was pregnant with DD1...feeling exactly the same right now :lol: i just want to murder someone (!) i'm really weepy ATM as well

the real common factor in my pregnancies (two girls) has been the sickness; i know a lot of people say you don't get it as bad if you're having a boy. i'm 5wks now by LMP and i feel alright on that front so maybe it's a boy for me this time...or maybe in a week or so i'll feel like i'm going to die and it'll all kick in. who knows?!

rusticbythesea01 May 17th, 2014 06:35 AM

I get the rage too! Clenched fists and jaw....I'm ready to fight someone! I had it with dd too, just in the 1st trimester. Only thing different this time is the m/s is not bad at all. I barely have any this time.

AmyGail May 17th, 2014 08:42 AM

My husband dislikes me at the moment...he says I gripe about everything. lol

anguisette May 17th, 2014 09:17 AM

oh good, i'm glad it's not just me!

OH has been in bed with the flu since Wedesday night (to be fair to him, he is really ill). today we had a row because i shouldn't be moaning i don't feel well because i "got what i wanted".

i was considering posting this as a separate thread, typing out the conversation we had and ending it with "...so i hit him over the head with a shovel & buried him in the back garden" but i wasn't sure if the joke would translate into print :lol:

...but seriously, if the flu doesn't kill him, i might. in his defence he's a really nice bloke, he just has the crappiest timing in the world because i want to put my feet up & feel smug (and a bit ill) at my great achievement of getting knocked up and he's selfishly got really sick :p

hiskid1324 May 19th, 2014 07:33 PM

I have more mood swings when pregnant and am way more sensitive/emotional, but I don't think that I was nicer with either gender. :)

my3loves May 20th, 2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticbythesea01 (Post 28085689)
I get the rage too! Clenched fists and jaw....I'm ready to fight someone! I had it with dd too, just in the 1st trimester. Only thing different this time is the m/s is not bad at all. I barely have any this time.

Yesterday was real bad. I was being hit from all sides from everyone. I lost it. I actually threw a pot across the room (I NEVER act like this) and sadly....no one was in the way, or the last person who set me off. At first I was in shock I did it....then realized...I feel better now. Not a good sign.