JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of October 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-due-date-club-october-2014/)
-   -   Grumble grumble. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-due-date-club-october-2014/2720096-grumble-grumble.html)

oneandonecoming May 12th, 2014 06:47 PM

Grumble grumble.

I will start by saying my MIL is wonderful and really helps us out a lot in so many ways.

But ****it she's driving me NUTS!

The other day I posted a picture of rainbow pants I bought this baby and posted something like "rainbow pants for our rainbow baby" or something along those lines. I guess today when DH was at their house she kept bugging him asking what a rainbow baby is. He said he didn't know (he doesn't). Then tonight when I go over after work, she asks me so I tell her and she gets MAD! Saying I need to be respectful of her and watch what I post on FB blah blah. Seriously? For saying I'm having a rainbow baby? Woman's enough to make me wanna drink!

bugz May 12th, 2014 07:05 PM

Re: Grumble grumble.

That's ridiculous. I can see my (almost) MIL saying something like that.

~*Bethy*~ May 12th, 2014 08:07 PM

To be respectful of who? HER?! I didn't realize you having a miscarriage was disrespectful to her :glare:

Sorry she is acting like that!

butterflies.in.a.jar May 12th, 2014 10:48 PM

I eyerolled so hard I nearly sprained an eye. Way to make it about her. Just ignore her momma! You enjoy your rainbow baby and post what you want! It is your Fb after all!

meld10 May 13th, 2014 03:44 AM

Wow I don't understand how that could be disrespectful to her.... some people just get mad when they don't understand something lol maybe she felt embarrassed about not knowing what a rainbow baby is and that's why she was going on about nonsense :P.

I seriously don't understand how else that can have anything to do with her!

TrinityDawnMaura May 13th, 2014 04:16 AM

What the cuss? How does that make her mad?

I would have told her to consider removing me from her news feed because there might be more rainbow pictures coming.

babymama10 May 13th, 2014 04:17 AM

She must not understand the term "rainbow baby." I can't imagine why she would be worried about it. Thats silly!

oneandonecoming May 13th, 2014 05:45 AM

Not sure why that was *'d out. It was only d-a-m-n. Apparently it's "disrespectful" to remind everyone of the lost baby. I could understand if someone else lost a baby and I brought it up but it was my baby. Who knows with that woman!

~*Bethy*~ May 13th, 2014 10:25 AM

Maybe she thought rainbow being gay or lesbian term? does she have issues with gay rights? I just cant make a connection as to why she would be mad over rainbow items....Did you explain to her what a rainbow baby was?

Amelya May 13th, 2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Bethy*~ (Post 28080796)
Maybe she thought rainbow being gay or lesbian term? does she have issues with gay rights? I just cant make a connection as to why she would be mad over rainbow items....Did you explain to her what a rainbow baby was?

This? :eek:

~*Bethy*~ May 13th, 2014 10:39 AM

I didnt mean it in a bad way at all - dont know if thats how it came out?

Some people who have issues with gay rights dont like using rainbows because of how its used to represent LGBT. I was just curious if maybe she does, and was offended because it was rainbow colored....

....I feel I need to insert my foot in my mouth now.

flitabout May 13th, 2014 11:44 AM

Wow just wow!

~*Bethy*~ May 13th, 2014 01:07 PM

ok well I apparently said something wrong - I was just trying to help. I really didnt mean anything bad by it - I was just trying to help find a reason why her MIL would be upset. I apologize to everyone for what I said.

StephcMc May 13th, 2014 01:38 PM

It hard to understand why some people get insulted for things that don't affect them, my mom can be that way at times. I don't think she understands that it's a healing term and meant as a positive thing.

I liked the rainbow pants btw!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Bethy*~ (Post 28081088)
ok well I apparently said something wrong - I was just trying to help. I really didnt mean anything bad by it - I was just trying to help find a reason why her MIL would be upset. I apologize to everyone for what I said.

I get what you were trying to say and don't think you meant anything wrong by it.

AmyLM May 13th, 2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Bethy*~ (Post 28081088)

You didn't say anything wrong. I get what you were saying and I was wondering the same thing...if she was associating rainbow with LGBT somehow.

Anyway, apparently she comes from a generation of ladies that don't want to talk about/know about/think about losses. :(

Sylvera May 13th, 2014 02:35 PM

I really don't get how that is disrespectful to her? :confused: I remember seeing that post and thinking it was really cute!

People seem to really love making things about them. :lol: I would try not to think too much about it. It sounds like maybe she just misunderstood what you meant.

Also, Bethy, I didn't see anything offensive about your post - I never read it that way at all :P Just for the record.

~*Bethy*~ May 13th, 2014 03:52 PM

Thanks guys - Amelya's post where she quoted me and didnt explain if she was agreeing or disagreeing really threw me off.....I really thought I had stepped on some major toes!! Good to hear thats not how it came off.

pr1madona May 14th, 2014 09:16 PM

Wow, wonder what her issues is? Though I could see my MIL being the same way. When I miscarried Juliet's twin last pregnancy, she actually told me that my miscarriage was harder on HER than me. And I wasn't being considerate of how it affected her. ***.

HalfDozen May 15th, 2014 06:53 PM

Bethy, I knew exactly what you meant. And honestly, I thought that's what a rainbow baby was when people kept talking about them in posts I would see in my last DDC and while stalking other DDC's. I finally pieced it together after a while. I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone here. I had only ever seen rainbows as a symbol for LGBT so I simply didn't know any better. My guess is that she is thinking her friends will think the same thing. Not that she should make it about her by any stretch!!