JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of October 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-due-date-club-october-2014/)
-   -   Sometimes my husband surprises me with how sweet he is. (baby names) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-due-date-club-october-2014/2721498-sometimes-my-husband-surprises-me-how-sweet-he-baby-names.html)

oneandonecoming May 24th, 2014 06:00 AM

Sometimes my husband surprises me with how sweet he is. (baby names)

WARNING: The very last bit on the note may offend some religious people. Certainly not the intention!!!

So I woke up this morning and my husband told me that he wrote a list of names that he likes. He even looked up the meanings for all of them! None of you know my husband so you're probably thinking "ok... and then?" but trust me, my husband does NOT put that much effort into things. :lol:

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...a509d316c1.jpg

In case you can't read the list of names, here they are. The red ones are ones that are an automatic no from me, so the black names are the names on our list.

Quinn
Parker
Blake
Alexandra
Bailey
Piper
Robin
Mackenzie
Marley
Zoey
Brooklyn
Penelope
MaryJane

I think Quinn, Blake and Marley are my favourites. Just for fun, which of the black names do you all prefer? Last name is Smith.

bugz May 24th, 2014 07:18 AM

Re: Sometimes my husband surprises me with how sweet he is. (baby names)

From the list, Brooklyn is my favourite.

jozzy May 24th, 2014 08:18 AM

I like Bailey

Sylvera May 24th, 2014 08:23 AM

My favourites are Mackenzie and Quinn :)

My hubby is pretty cool, but he hasn't done anything like this yet! I have told him that he's in charge of coming up with a name if it's a boy, though.

butterflies.in.a.jar May 24th, 2014 10:28 AM

I like Marley. Lol so now they are tied :p

happy-ness May 24th, 2014 12:13 PM

Blake or Marley would get my vote. :)

flitabout May 25th, 2014 06:24 AM

Brooklyn and Mackenzie

HalfDozen May 25th, 2014 07:04 AM

I've always loved Bailey for a boy, but my oldest daughter's grandparents had a dog named Bailey, and then she ended up with a dog named Bailey for a while also. :)

I'm no help to you because for a girl, I like several of the names in red. ;)

sek3982 May 25th, 2014 11:20 AM

I would veto Brooklyn and Mackenzie. I LOVE Marley and Blake!

AmyLM May 25th, 2014 12:08 PM

Quinn!

AlyssaMyahJulian May 25th, 2014 12:57 PM

I love the name Parker and it would be our boy name but we have a Ryder sooooo...yea Ryder and Parker wont work. One of your girl names is on our short list:)

Valerie123 May 25th, 2014 02:15 PM

When I hear Quinn I think of the song Quinn the eskimo- and our dog Quinn. So, for me it's more of a boy name.

Amelya May 25th, 2014 08:57 PM

Quinn, and the MaryJane made me ROFL

StephcMc May 26th, 2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flitabout (Post 28094238)
Brooklyn and Mackenzie

I have a friend who's 2 girls are named these. :)

I like Quinn but I have to say that he did a very good job, the only name I am not fond of is Alexandra, only because I knew/know so many.

oneandonecoming May 26th, 2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephcMc (Post 28094848)
I have a friend who's 2 girls are named these. :)

I like Quinn but I have to say that he did a very good job, the only name I am not fond of is Alexandra, only because I knew/know so many.

It's totally me that's the problem. :lol: I just don't LOVE any of these. Ellory is completely out he said. So I decided to make my own list last night once Olivia went to bed. I looked through SO many, my list consists of 0 names. I just can NOT find any that I completely love. None!

Sylvera May 26th, 2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneandonecoming (Post 28094867)
It's totally me that's the problem. :lol: I just don't LOVE any of these. Ellory is completely out he said. So I decided to make my own list last night once Olivia went to bed. I looked through SO many, my list consists of 0 names. I just can NOT find any that I completely love. None!

I'm sorry your husband has vetoed your favourite name :( My husband gave me a big no on Summer at first, too, but luckily he came around to it over a month or so. Now I'm just trying to get him to agree to my middle name of choice but that might be harder because it's a bit unusual.

Anyway, you sound like me with boys' names. There are a couple I don't completely hate but I don't love any of them like I loved Trent, which we can't use anymore. Since that's off the table I'm totally lost. (I'm probably thinking about all this too much since I don't even know baby's gender yet, LOL) We are going to have a real rough time with a name if it's a boy.

I hope you guys can agree on something soon!