JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of October 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-due-date-club-october-2014/)
-   -   Had my second anatomy scan today too :)****** updated with Ob apt*** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-due-date-club-october-2014/2722755-had-my-second-anatomy-scan-today-too-updated-ob-apt.html)

butterflies.in.a.jar June 5th, 2014 08:38 PM

Had my second anatomy scan today too :)****** updated with Ob apt***

And tomorrow is my appointment with my OB.

For the anatomy scan: part 2, we needed to have her spine measured, because at the first scan, they couldn't get any because she would not straighten out. Well this time, I drank a little red bull before I went in, to make sure she'd be in a good position. They got me back right away, just as she was waking up. I got to see a yawn, and she stretched. Thank goodness the tech caught that and snapped the pic of her spine then :) She kept drinking, and then she pulled her legs back up over her head. So she is now somewhere between frank breech, and transverse. She is mostly bum down, but on a diagonal. She moved a lot though! Her heart rate was 152 bpm. Overall, everything seemed fantastic, but I will probably get the full report back in a couple days.

I'll update you guys on my appointment tomorrow after that's over too ;)

Ami89 June 5th, 2014 08:54 PM

Re: Had my second anatomy scan today too :)

I'm gald you got to finish, and that everything looks good! :)

babymama10 June 5th, 2014 09:45 PM

Sounds like good news to me. Yay! :)

V.I.Mommy June 6th, 2014 07:54 AM

Hooray for baby girl cooperating! I love the picture you posted on facebook of her with her little mouth open, too cute!

flitabout June 6th, 2014 08:11 AM

I am so glad to hear everything went well!!!!!

Sylvera June 6th, 2014 08:57 AM

Glad you had a great appointment and got the measurements you need! Sounds like she is pretty comfy in there ;)

bugz June 6th, 2014 10:20 AM

Glad you had a good appointment :). Emmett sits completely transverse most of the time. Not the most comfortable feeling!

butterflies.in.a.jar June 6th, 2014 04:01 PM

Thank you guys!

My OB today was less than fabulous. He's still mad that I am seeing a midwife. And he's still trying to scare me into staying with the hospital. They didn't get the best view of her spine after all, apparently. She was "too close to the uterine wall". So he is saying "oh there's still a possibility she might have spina bifida." Even though we had the blood test to check for sb and it was all normal. He said the normal range for fluid levels is 5-25, and my fluid is measuring at 9, so he says it's low. He wants me to come in and have ultrasounds every week after 32 weeks to "monitor this." Then in the same breath, he is telling me that I can't see both the OB and the midwife. I have to choose one or the other. Gee, if you were really concerned wouldn't you want to monitor me and baby, instead of running us off? I really genuinely do despise him. So I have to talk to my midwife and see if she's okay with me just seeing her from now on. It's ridiculous that I have had every test he's ordered, and everything keeps coming back that EVERYTHING is fine, and yet he's still countering with "oh something might still be wrong." *facepalm*

Ami89 June 6th, 2014 09:56 PM

I'm sorry that the doctor giving you a hard time. :( hoping your midwife let you stay.

Maddy6912 June 7th, 2014 06:55 AM

Oh my gosh I would go insane! I am so sorry for you girl. I hope your midwife will just see you!

butterflies.in.a.jar June 7th, 2014 09:53 AM

Thank you guys. I am going crazy with it! I feel like no matter what the tests say, he's still going to constantly going to claim something is wrong. And it really makes me fear that when I get closer to the end, if I would continue care with him, that he would find excuses to cut me open. :(

oneandonecoming June 7th, 2014 09:56 AM

I really don't know how healthcare works there or even really how it works in your specific situation, but would it be possible to get a second opinion from an OB? Not leave your midwife, just simply get the opinion of an OB that isn't this one?

butterflies.in.a.jar June 7th, 2014 10:16 AM

Re: Had my second anatomy scan today too :)****** updated with Ob apt***

Unfortunately most likely not. Under my insurance I only have the option of 4 different Ob's in my area. (Unless I want to travel a couple hours :/) Three of them are at the same practice and the 4th is booked up for 3 months out. So he's very hard to get in to see. I am seeing the Ob that I am because one of the others here is the one who lied to me a lot and induced me for no reason, and the other female here does not take on Ob patients who aren't married. (This practice is a church funded practice. So it is allowed for her to do that, cuz I checked.) So I'm kinda stuck.

Ami89 June 7th, 2014 10:45 AM

It's 2014, OB that doesn't take a that isn't married, that's insane.

bugz June 7th, 2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ami89 (Post 28107908)
It's 2014, OB that doesn't take a that isn't married, that's insane.

That's why I avoid most religious based services, their ideas are so... out there.

That sucks about the OB. I'm sorry he's being such a jerk. Hopefully you will be able to stay with your midwife and not have to deal with him too much.

butterflies.in.a.jar June 7th, 2014 06:57 PM

Thanks guys. And Ami, I couldn't agree more. She needs to get with the century. Especially in our city, where teen pregnancy is huge. She'd at very least make a lot more money if she wouldn't refuse to work with us single women.

Ami89 June 7th, 2014 08:35 PM

She wouldn't make much here, I lived I a small town and of people, including myself, have kids before marriage.

AlyssaMyahJulian June 8th, 2014 06:29 AM

Your Ob sounds annoying....sorry you are having so much trouble!I deliver at a catholic hospital and see a group of ob's that are affiliated with the hospital. The only things they dont do is birth control(they teach nfp) and tubals.

meld10 June 8th, 2014 11:29 AM

Wow that is all ridiculous... how your OB is treating you + the OB that doesn't take unmarried ladies + the fact that you are very limited with those 3 choices of OB only...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope that your midwife gives you the okay to stay with her and stop going through all that unnecessary stressed cause by the OB.

On another note, glad baby looked healthy and that you got to see her being so active :)

butterflies.in.a.jar June 8th, 2014 08:24 PM

Thank you :) I do have other options for an Ob if I'm willing to drive 2 hours one way to be seen in another bigger city... But that's really not feasable right now :(