JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of September 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/)
-   -   Twins? Anyone think this might be a possibility? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/2703008-twins-anyone-think-might-possibility.html)

MrsLat January 13th, 2014 02:10 AM

Twins? Anyone think this might be a possibility?

Any of you thinking twins could be in your future? :)

This is always something that is on my mind when I find out that I am pregnant. My first pregnancy was fraternal twin pregnancy. So that puts me at a higher risk for another set. (1 in 12 possibility for me! Eek, I am nervous at the thought!)

Anyone on fertility treatments of any kind? There is a good possibility at least one of us will end up with a multiple pregnancy! ;) What are your thoughts?

bandriessen January 13th, 2014 03:42 AM

Re: Twins? Anyone think this might be a possibility?

I thought i was, but us only showed one! My aunt and uncle on my mom's side are fraternal twins and nobody else has had a set yet.

Urchin January 13th, 2014 04:23 AM

I am scared of twins. Like terrified! lol

That, and we only want 2 children. If this turns out to be twins, holy moly, that will be a lot to take in!

I am slightly concerned, as I did get my BFP quite early (8dpo), and the BFP's were VERY strong.

socialworkmom2be January 13th, 2014 05:41 AM

I actually released two eggs this month (I have O pain every month and there's no denying which side it came from) and this month I felt both ovaries release. What is interesting though is I felt implantation on the right side at about 9 DPO, my betas were rising slowly (I am only speculating this based on how slow my tests darkened) but a day or two later I felt implantation on the left side and my tests started getting darker. Only time will tell when I get my first ultra sound, but I think I implanted both eggs but lost one.

CoreenaC January 13th, 2014 08:07 AM

I very possibly could be carrying twins. I'm a twin and we used clomid, so we have a good chance. My betas are doubling every 44-ish hours but were still quite low when I had them monitored. I guess we will see in two more weeks!

MrsLat January 18th, 2014 07:37 PM

Yay, we have one twin mama among us! I can't wait to find out if there will be others :D

aarafko January 18th, 2014 07:43 PM

Neither my DH or my family have any twins so it's probably not very likely. We did take clomid this month. I think we would be speechless if there was twins.

MrsLat January 18th, 2014 07:52 PM

Well you just never know :P My first pregnancy was twins. No twins run on either side. It was definitely a shock! I think it would be great to have a couple sets in our DDC just so that those ladies can have some support from other mamas with multiples.

AviatrixMorgan January 18th, 2014 07:54 PM

No twins in my family (or DH's) and this was a natural conception so it is unlikely. However, my beta #s are very very close to the average #s for twins on the same DPO and are doubling faster than my friend who just had twins! I told DH this and I think it freaked him out lol.

kto1111 January 18th, 2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urchin (Post 27902467)
I am scared of twins. Like terrified! lol

That, and we only want 2 children. If this turns out to be twins, holy moly, that will be a lot to take in!

I am slightly concerned, as I did get my BFP quite early (8dpo), and the BFP's were VERY strong.

LOL. I feel the same. I will be so so relieved when I only see 1 on the u/s. Sometimes I do think it would be awesome, but financially I just don't see how we could possibly swing it. Thankfully the possibility is very slim. *Please no twins* :p

amberbanegas January 18th, 2014 10:06 PM

I hope that I have twins. I went thru IVF and lost the pregnancy, this time we transferred 2 embies with assisted hatching. My Pregnancy Test showed up 6days after my transfer… So there is a chance! FX. I am getting my Beta on Tuesday (21st) I will ask my doctor for a scan… If he doesn't give it… I will probably go to another doctor and ask for a scan. (If my DH lets me, he says be patient….)

Also- I am still taking suppositories and Folic acid(3x a day) and Estrogen (4x a day)

MrsLat January 18th, 2014 10:15 PM

I am curious to see, also. Just because I got my BFP so early and with my history of twins... I usually get an ultrasound on my first appointment because of my risk of twins. But my doctor is sooooo booked that I don't think that will be for at least 3-4 weeks :/

I would be happy, eventually. But I had a hoooorrrrible experience in my last twin pregnancy. So I think that I would be shocked and pretty terrified. So I am hoping its NOT me. But I love love watching other ladies have a good experience :)

Jenn-F January 19th, 2014 08:18 AM

I would be completely shocked if we are having twins. I think I would adjust and eventually be happy about it, but I know the overriding emotions would be shock and fear, lol. I know how difficult adding one baby to the family is, so twins scare me.

angelinal09 January 19th, 2014 08:28 AM

It's something that I always think of when I found out I'm pg, if only because we lost a set of twins in '03. I don't think I am pg with twins but my dd does, lol.

SouthernMamaBri January 19th, 2014 01:02 PM

I would love twins. I have identical twin aunts as well as identical twin sisters. I have no clue whether it'll increase my chances but I'd love it!

Maala January 19th, 2014 01:19 PM

I would cry. And not in a good way! I can barely handle running a business and keeping up a home with 2, FOUR would be impossible for me! (Well, I know people do it all the time but...y'know.)

..Michelle.. January 19th, 2014 02:11 PM

I highly doubt it. My fraternal grandmother's sister had twins but lost them both. And my cousin's wife just had twins but as for me? Not really a chance.

RayneElizabeth January 19th, 2014 05:08 PM

As long as its not triplets, I think I will be okay. But I only have two boobies. O.O

babyDamico January 19th, 2014 05:11 PM

If I saw this thread before my u/s I would have said "NOT A CHANCE!!"... No family history of twins, no fertility medications... as a matter of fact, I saw a RE in September for irregular periods and was told I was in menopause... not ovulating AT ALL... and somehow managed to drop 2 eggs... SURPRISE! :o

aarafko January 20th, 2014 05:34 AM

I keep having a reoccurring dream that I have twins, a boy and a girl with brown hair. I've had it three times. I've had twins brought up several times and I'm finding every show I've been watching and tons of ads I'm seeing all have twins. It's starting to freak me out. Those that had twins did you just know? Have subliminal clues? Or just were total shocked at the first u/s? I want to reassure myself that it would be even crazy to think I could be pregnant with twins. :o