JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of September 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/)
-   -   How is your sex drive? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/2716442-how-your-sex-drive.html)

FlyingFlower April 14th, 2014 06:30 PM

How is your sex drive?

I had zero sex drive the first trimester. Now it's plummeted to maybe a negative 5. In normal, non-pregnancy life, it's really high. It got super high when I was pregnant with DD. But now the idea of sex just does not sound pleasant. Some combination of feeling constantly constipated (sorry tmi) and feeling fat and then just hormones I guess. Poor DH is one of those men who thinks pregnancy is really cute and he wants to do it all the time. I just don't at all. Anyone else with me?

MrsLat April 14th, 2014 06:50 PM

Re: How is your sex drive?

Mine was high in the very beginning. It is not there AT ALL anymore. I feel bad for my husband too. I try to be kind and we still DTD at least once a week. But, if left up to me, we wouldn't do it at all. :P

KHawk April 14th, 2014 07:12 PM

Mmmmm... Mine hasn't been high since we stopped trying. I feel bad, but I think the nausea which I THINK I'm past.. really put a damper on things. I just wanted to sleep as much as possible. Many times we do it's before bed.. and since being pregnant my head hits the pillow and I'm out. Sooooo... lately I've started thinking about it again. But, I wouldn't say it's high. Poor husband. He's very patient.. hasn't bothered me.

GreyEyedGirl April 14th, 2014 09:45 PM

Non-existant. Sad :( I'm just too **** tired. We were newlyweds (frequent fliers) before the first kid, but since I got pregnant with him two years ago I think I can count on my fingers how many times we've DTD. Kid was colicky and just as he got his sleep sorted out and the whole family started sleeping properly... I got knocked up again. I think my drive goes away with the pregnancy hormones too. It's really really sad and hard for our relationship. I wish I was one of those women whose drive went up!

xzippedx April 15th, 2014 12:05 AM

does not exist here just not into it anymore, i'm usually way too tired and since our son just sleeps next to us makes it even more difficult for some alone time

angelinal09 April 15th, 2014 02:58 AM

The drive is certainly there it's just too uncomfortable to have sex plus we were told to stop around 17 weeks (right about now). We're being super cautious and decided to stop about 3-4 weeks ago (though we've given in twice, it's just been too uncomfortable for me).

Urchin April 15th, 2014 05:04 AM

Gone. I would be happy to not have any, lol. DH and I still try to once a week or so. I just feel really bad that he's so deprived!

I think things will get better once I am further along in my pregnancy. With the complications I had earlier, I am just way too nervous to DTD...I don't enjoy it at all :(

lemieuxcrew April 15th, 2014 06:09 AM

What is this "sex" word you speak of? I've nearly forgotten..........

Shades of Grey April 15th, 2014 09:23 AM

Mine has actually not been too bad. In the beginning, I just felt yucky all the time and had NO interest in him even touching me really. Now, I think of it more often, but Im always tired so if he doesnt push for it, Im not going to bring it up. But Im swayed more easily into it.

I asked him, he thinks its a little higher now than normal. I think HIS is higher than normal. Once I started to show, he touches my tummy all the time. I dont get it, but he likes it. Ill take it :)

bec9494 April 15th, 2014 09:38 AM

I am in the no drive category, I guess I don't get those good hormones either b/c I have never had a high sex drive when pg. That definitely bums Dh. He is one of those totally turned on by pregnancy, so I do feel bad...more for me LOL The nausea/exhaustion and him working out of town...just not a great recipe for getting in the mood.

momology April 15th, 2014 09:44 AM

Pretty much no drive at all. . . between the high risk at the beginning, nausea, and exhaustion I dont see how people find the time and energy.

katie2510 April 15th, 2014 11:02 AM

I feel bad for my husband as well... but I'm just not into it... ugh

Baby3September April 15th, 2014 07:17 PM

I also have no sex drive. It must be hormonal. Whatever hormone gets your sex drive up must be blocked by the amount of progesterone our bodies are making. I try to do it once every 2 weeks for my husband's sake but I would be happy with non at this point.

NICURNmommy April 15th, 2014 07:22 PM

Absolutely none! Now with the progesterone shots, killed it completely. I feel bad for hubby but drs orders no SEX!! Lol.

bandriessen April 15th, 2014 07:22 PM

Absolutely zero! The couple of times we have dtd lately it has been uncomfortable. I just am not into it at all. Poor DH. I'm hoping it comes back at some point!

leahlioness April 15th, 2014 07:30 PM

Pre pregnancy my sex drive was right up there, like 2+ times a day. It hasn't really dissipated since then. Unfortunately, I had bleeding so the doc told us to lay off any kind of, um, 'traditional' sex, so unless we get the all clear tomorrow at my next appointment, it's other methods alll the way -.-

lemieuxcrew April 16th, 2014 05:27 AM

OK, well - is we are talking about sex.....TMI ALERT TMI ALERT - but I HAVE to tell someone this story! Yesterday was one of "those" days. I am struggling to get out the door for some meetings. Nanny is late, DH is gone. I am in the bathroom putting on make-up and peek out to check on the kids playing in my room. My 20 month old has somehow made it into DH and my "secret" drawer which, since it has been so long since we had sex I have no idea where he put our toys and stuff. Well, DD does! When I look out she and my DS are trying to hang balloons from the fan above my bed with ..... handcuffs. Yup. Epic parental fail. (blush......but COME ON! We all got pg from SOMETHING!). Fortunately my DH is in police science so I just made up something about police training tools.

OK, exit stage left.

FlyingFlower April 16th, 2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemieuxcrew (Post 28044162)
OK, well - is we are talking about sex.....TMI ALERT TMI ALERT - but I HAVE to tell someone this story! Yesterday was one of "those" days. I am struggling to get out the door for some meetings. Nanny is late, DH is gone. I am in the bathroom putting on make-up and peek out to check on the kids playing in my room. My 20 month old has somehow made it into DH and my "secret" drawer which, since it has been so long since we had sex I have no idea where he put our toys and stuff. Well, DD does! When I look out she and my DS are trying to hang balloons from the fan above my bed with ..... handcuffs. Yup. Epic parental fail. (blush......but COME ON! We all got pg from SOMETHING!). Fortunately my DH is in police science so I just made up something about police training tools.

OK, exit stage left.

Oh my goodness, I love it! DD found one of my toys a few months ago. She's so young she didn't know what it was so I just told her it was a grown up toy. She asked if she could buy one when she was a grown up, too.

Mslily1125 April 16th, 2014 07:52 AM

I guess I'm the odd man out here. My drive never really went down. I was super tired the first trimester, so it didn't always happen, but continued at least 3x a week. Now, going into the second trimester, I can't get ENOUGH!! I normally have to *ahem* ..."tend to myself" when I first get home from work, and then hope that DF is up for it that night too!! I think this week, we've already hit 6 times! Fortunately for me, this whole sex drive thing seems to be the one sympathy symptom that DF is having with me. ;)

ElizabethS April 16th, 2014 08:53 AM

I swing back and forth either wildly obsessed with sex or totally uninterested lol. Hubby is happy fkr my obsessed episodes lol he always has a very high drive. So if I am too uncomfortable I will at least help him in that area lol ;)