JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of September 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/)
-   -   Hospital bag! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/2724472-hospital-bag.html)

ElizabethS June 24th, 2014 01:11 PM

Hospital bag!

When are you getting your hospital bag ready?

angelinal09 June 24th, 2014 03:23 PM

Re: Hospital bag!

I'm going to get it ready sometime within the next two weeks.

carlyknudtson June 24th, 2014 03:24 PM

As soon as i get my diaper bag. I dont think its ever too early to pack your hospital bag. I keep a checklist for mine and keep adding things.

Urchin June 24th, 2014 04:19 PM

I am also starting mine very soon. Because of my history of winding up the the hospital during pregnancy last time, I figure it won't hurt to be prepared, just in case!

topato June 24th, 2014 05:36 PM

ugh, i should be starting to get this ready, shouldn't i.

part of me is like, omg this pregnancy is taking forever! because seriously, i've had enough of this gestating bs. but, lets be honest, i am in suuuuch denial about how soon this kid might actually make his debut. 40 weeks is less than 10 weeks away for me, and who's to say i'll make it to 40!!

not to mention, i've been having contractions all friggen day.

i think it might be i've-gotta-pack-my-bag o'clock.

GreyEyedGirl June 24th, 2014 06:33 PM

I can't really pack my bag until it's very close to time, like the day of, because I need half the stuff that goes into it in everyday life! So I made a list of what I need and shared it with DH and we'll keep it up-to-date so we can pack in 10 minutes and go. We had plenty of time last time around to pack a bag, and my labor was relatively short. It gave me something to do while waiting for contractions to go from every 10 minutes to every 4 minutes.

babyDamico June 24th, 2014 06:37 PM

Mine is packed.... still working on the babies.. With the preterm labor and bedrest I figured I should go ahead and pack it!

GreyEyedGirl June 24th, 2014 06:38 PM

Anyone want to share what's going in their bag? I worry I'll forget something but jeez, we live 5 min from the hospital and MIL would be happy to bring me whatever, she did last time :)

Here's my list, keep in mind our hospital provides diapers, underoos for me, pads, squirt bottle, and other stuff I'm forgetting.

For me:
  • bathing necessities (shampoo, hair product, moisturizer, soap)
  • toothbrush + paste
  • deodorant
  • shower flip-flops
  • coming home clothes (leggings, undershirt, clean shirt)
  • breastfeeding pads
  • lanolin
  • water bottle
  • ebook
  • phone and charger
  • ring sling and woven wrap
For new babe:
  • coming home hat
  • coming home outfit
For DH:
  • phone and charger
  • camera

carlyknudtson June 24th, 2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyEyedGirl (Post 28124012)
Anyone want to share what's going in their bag? I worry I'll forget something but jeez, we live 5 min from the hospital and MIL would be happy to bring me whatever, she did last time :)

Here's my list, keep in mind our hospital provides diapers, underoos for me, pads, squirt bottle, and other stuff I'm forgetting.

For me:
  • bathing necessities (shampoo, hair product, moisturizer, soap)
  • toothbrush + paste
  • deodorant
  • shower flip-flops
  • coming home clothes (leggings, undershirt, clean shirt)
  • breastfeeding pads
  • lanolin
  • water bottle
  • ebook
  • phone and charger
  • ring sling and woven wrap
For new babe:
  • coming home hat
  • coming home outfit
For DH:
  • phone and charger
  • camera

You might not like what they provide, i am bringing EVERYTHING. when i had my first son i didnt like any of the stuff they had on hand, like mesh underoos (tmi) i kept bleeding through the pads and it would get everywhere. I recommend getting a bunch of disposable undies and using those. Also the towels were tiny and itchy, not fun bring your own.

GreyEyedGirl June 24th, 2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlyknudtson (Post 28124030)
You might not like what they provide, i am bringing EVERYTHING. when i had my first son i didnt like any of the stuff they had on hand, like mesh underoos (tmi) i kept bleeding through the pads and it would get everywhere. I recommend getting a bunch of disposable undies and using those. Also the towels were tiny and itchy, not fun bring your own.

We're going to the same hospital as last time, and I was fine with everything they provided except soap and shampoo. (Well I would have liked a larger shower stall, heh.) I honestly can't remember the towels though, might bring one of ours just in case!

carlyknudtson June 24th, 2014 07:10 PM

Thats very good, im going to a new hospital this time. Its seems alot nicer.

flitabout June 24th, 2014 07:17 PM

I probably won't get around to it until 34 weeks.

_Jewlz_ June 24th, 2014 09:25 PM

I can't even decide where to begin on this. I think I'll be set if I pack a diaper bag + a few outfits for baby (we'll be at the hospital a few days because of the c-section) plus my purse, shampoo, toothbrush phone charger, camera, pj pants & a going home outfit for me. We live a looooooong way from the hospital though so I really have to be sure not to forget anything I can't live without.

medusa28 June 24th, 2014 11:00 PM

Wow, are we thinking about this already?! I need to get my butt shopping. The time is going by way too fast for me!

xzippedx June 24th, 2014 11:25 PM

mine is packed away just in case, i just finished them last week

Kayakgirl June 25th, 2014 04:45 AM

Next week, after we get our big family camping trip out of the way, I'll probably start thinking about packing the hospital bags. However, as someone else mentioned, we live so close to the hospital we could walk there, so if I forget something I'm not too worried.

Caerus June 25th, 2014 06:23 PM

Here's how OCD and excited I am about this pregnancy. I packed our flippin' diaper bag during the first trimester! Haha! My excuse was finding out if the bag I was planning to use would be big enough to be a diaper bag.

Anyway, I'm putting off putting together the hospital bag until the third tri. Which is next week. I'm actually excited to get it together. The only thing is, some of it might be changed out before go-time, particularly baby clothes, since our baby shower isn't until August.

Shades of Grey June 26th, 2014 09:19 AM

I want to have mine packed by the time we move. Im afraid that if I dont, I wont get around to it since I will be unpacking and trying to get as settled as possible ASAP. Next week I will be finding out the details-the exact when and where. I HAVE gotten my amenities bag out and put soap, a loofah, lotion, little things I already have in there.

Buda June 26th, 2014 09:54 AM

Woa, not for awhile. I guess I'm a wee bit more relaxed in this department. I didn't pack a bag until the week of my son's birth. If I needed anything from home my partner or mother/sister would grab it for me. Last time I has an emergency csection and anything I packed was pretty useless anyhow. My stay was much longer than intended.

katie2510 June 26th, 2014 12:05 PM

Yea I don't pack mine until I'm about 36 or 37 weeks along. If I go earlier than that well I'll just make my husband a list :)