JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Due Date Club of September 2014 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/)
-   -   intimacy? How often? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2013-due-date-club-september-2014/2724498-intimacy-how-often.html)

Thankfulhelpmeet June 24th, 2014 05:21 PM

intimacy? How often?

now that we are all in the third trimester do you find that sex is more difficult/less frequent? How often do you dtd? We have been so infrequent due to this horrible stupid yeast infection :( What are other ways you find to be intimate? I feel bad for my husband!

bandriessen June 24th, 2014 05:51 PM

Re: intimacy? How often?

Yeah.....i think in the whole time I've been pregnant we've had sex like 5 times. The last two times have been unbearable. It feels like being rubbed raw or stabbed...and it's not even dry!? I feel bad for him but he felt really bad last time we attempted it and it hurt me so much. :(

babyDamico June 24th, 2014 06:40 PM

ugh NEVER!!!!! I have so much swelling that (TMI) my vagina is literally swollen shut!

carlyknudtson June 24th, 2014 06:40 PM

Dont yeast infections suck, i had one to just got rid of it. My doc gave me a one time treatment, im 100% better. Take showers together, it seems a little easier to handle b/c the water......helps. You might also want to try looking into other things that......help. And then look up positions that are easiest and the most comfortable for you. We are getting huge we cant do very much

Thankfulhelpmeet June 24th, 2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlyknudtson (Post 28124017)
Dont yeast infections suck, i had one to just got rid of it. My doc gave me a one time treatment, im 100% better. Take showers together, it seems a little easier to handle b/c the water......helps. You might also want to try looking into other things that......help. And then look up positions that are easiest and the most comfortable for you. We are getting huge we cant do very much

what was the treatment you received that cleared things up so fast? Im desperate for anything at this point!!

flitabout June 24th, 2014 07:22 PM

HEHEHEE! That's just funny!

FlyingFlower June 24th, 2014 07:38 PM

Hmmm, we did a few times. DH still wants to but it's uncomfortable now. The other night he was like "well can we do other things?" No. I guess I'm also lazy, too. There are more interesting things to me at this point, like ice cream.

carlyknudtson June 24th, 2014 07:40 PM

Gynazole * 1It is literally a one dose treatment, i was feeling a bit better hours after. It took me two days to get to 100%

_Jewlz_ June 24th, 2014 09:09 PM

So it's definitely less frequent for us, and becoming more uncomfortable.. I think this pregnancy is probably the most distant DH & I have ever been. It's especially disappointing since DH & I have always showered together but the shower at our new house is really small and I'm getting too big to share it! :( Plus I can't sleep in our bed since it KILLS my ribs, I have to sleep in the guest bed downstairs & I usually end up sleeping alone because I'm so tired I go to bed earlier & DH wakes up early for work so he wants to sleep in his normal bed.. Can I just say that :tmi: but the ONLY time I've ever had multiple Os has been while pregnant! So I'm pretty ok with making the extra effort every once in awhile, until I really can't! ;)

medusa28 June 24th, 2014 09:34 PM

I cant get enough. My bf is complaining about frequency lol. Id love to be intimate a couple times a day but am suffering through every 2-4 days.

Shades of Grey June 24th, 2014 10:01 PM

We've still been doing it a lot. 4 times in the last 3 days ;) Thats more than normal, Ive wanted it so much more than usual. It is getting difficult, I feel so restricted :(

angelinal09 June 25th, 2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyDamico (Post 28124015)
ugh NEVER!!!!! I have so much swelling that (TMI) my vagina is literally swollen shut!

Same here :( We haven't done it since I was 17 weeks, as that's when I was advised to stop. But yeah, everything's swollen down there. It's painful!

xzippedx June 25th, 2014 03:53 AM

barely..MAYBE once a month

Kayakgirl June 25th, 2014 04:37 AM

No action here since March. Yeah, what a shame. Not that we haven't wanted to, but we're kind of scared to. I was put on pelvic bedrest at the end of the 2nd trimester last time around due to an unfortunate incident that sent me to the hospital one night - apparently in the middle of the action a blood vessel down there ruptured and I bled uncontrollably for hours - and I ruined my bedroom carpet, the sheets, the mattress... Not interested in going through that again, and I think it scared my husband good so we're just sacrificing this time around.

Urchin June 25th, 2014 06:32 AM

About once a week for us. I feel bad..but DH is really good about it and doesn't complain. I'm just too tired most of the time.

I make sure one way or another it happens once a week. lol

lemieuxcrew June 25th, 2014 09:11 AM

So, I too am really not motivated - and it hurts. But I do have an honest question that I always wonder....maybe you ladies can help shed some light. Why do pregnant woman "feel sorry for their DH?" I feel like between morning sickness, weight gain, varicose vaginal veins, braxton hicks, swollen feet, tiredness, and on and on (which is all before the pain of labor and deliver) it is SO much for woman to tolerate. And yet, we feel bad bc our DH doesnt get his rocks off? (Mind you - there IS masturbation.) I am not saying that I dont appreciate my DH - I do very much - I am very lucky - I even still get flowers EVERY week! But I feel like I am sacrificing a lot here. And not using me to ejaculate (unless I feel like it for my own reasons) is a very small sacrifice to make - in the physical sense - during this time. I really honestly do not feel bad for him at all.

And of course, you know, birthdays - fathers'd day - or a little "I love you and thank you" gesture is nice - ad I am compelled - but I dont feel one once of guilt if I dont!

Am I wrong here? I hear SOS much about the sympathy for poor DH's sex life that I am starting to wonder if my thinking is the strange one. Maybe I should feel bad for him?

Or not. :P

angelinal09 June 25th, 2014 09:42 AM

I don't necessarily feel bad for him but I do feel...not bad but a little disconnected maybe...from him just because sex is pretty important to both of us. That being said, there are other ways in which we connect (TMI but both sexual and non-sexual) too so it's not too bad. We also both realize that this is best for the babies and our situation so...it makes it easier.

Urchin June 25th, 2014 10:18 AM

I just find that for my DH, sex is his way of feeling close to me. I get more out of cuddling and doing other things together. I just feel like sex is one of the many needs in a relationship that need to be tended to.

Of course, if he EXPECTED me to be DTD with him, that would be a different story. haha. He's incredibly understanding about me not feeling well enough to have sex as often as we once did.

carlyknudtson June 25th, 2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thankfulhelpmeet (Post 28124045)
what was the treatment you received that cleared things up so fast? Im desperate for anything at this point!!

Did you get it?

bandriessen June 25th, 2014 04:19 PM

Fluconazole will do the trick. One time pill.