question!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
What can I do for my fiance to get used to the idea of having a baby, Im due feb 2
June 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lovely_22
I am absolutely no help in this area but wanted to post a big Congratulations to you!!! Most men don't get excited until they see the belly getting bigger or even when baby arrives. For them many times it's not real...they don't have the symptoms, hormones and initial feelings toward the growing baby.

June 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband isn't too into pregnancy. He tried to get excited this time around but it just doesn't compare to how I feel about being pregnant. You can try starting a scrap book and have him take pics of you. Sorry that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck with getting him excited!

Chelci

June 5th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
i'm not sure wat to say.mine is like excited but not hyper excited.he didnt even freak wne i found out.i was hyperventilating nad crying and he was the calm one.he goes to every appt. adn all that stuff but hes not as excited as me prolly cuz he jsut doesnt understand everything thats goin on.

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

June 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM
herewegoagain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to herewegoagain
Not sure my dear, you can try getting him to go to all the appointments with you and hear the baby's heartbeat, but Dad's usually don't get too excited until they are holding the little one in their arms.

June 6th, 2008, 02:28 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
theres a saying. A mom becomes a mother the day she finds out shes pregnant, A dad becomes a father the day their child is born. Guys just dont understand your connection. The bigger your belly gets and especially when he can feel it kick he will start realizing that its really a child in there. but if you want talk about all the things they can do together. and really try to get him involved with planning the room, names, everything like that.

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

June 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Jessica, Dusty went to everyone of my appts but he didnt get way excited until I called him and told him my water had broke. He couldnt really connect to Addie because he wasnt going through all that I was.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 19th, 2008, 03:51 PM
~Megan~
My Bf wasn't very understanding at first. Actually he didn't start coming around to the idea until we found out he was a boy at almost 17 weeks. At 20 he would still freak a lil and now at 27 he loves the idea and is more excited then I am. He kisses and talks to my belly, it just takes them time to come around.
June 20th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Veteran
I think when he starts seeing your belly getting bigger and comes to the scans with you the baby will be more of a reality for him.
There are many books on the market for "Daddies to be", maybe you can buy one of them for him?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search