Introduction

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Regular
Hey all... so I am 27. Live with my b/f of 6 years. Been feeling a lil off for the past week, had some stomach issues, and after a week decided to take a test and it says I'm pregnant. Told b/f, he's okay with it, just said we need to get into my doctor find out how far along, due date, what's normal - am I okay, is baby okay, all of that then discuss things further. Bad timing as b/f's been outta work for a few months, not many jobs out here, and due to some old habits, he lost his license for 5 years and is just eligible for it back, but with no job - no money to pay all the fees to get it back. Not a good time for a baby. Plus I have an 8 month old choco lab who's a monster and I don't know that I can handle this dog and having a baby - not on top of all my other stress! Good thing is, we just bought a house it's got 2 bedrooms, so we have room for a baby here (not much but enough). My job is very secure, which is really good for our situation.

So my question being about symptons.... I'll be getting into my doctors this week but until I can, I wanna check with some other people on things.

I've had on/off the typical queezy stomach in the morning. Thank god no puking, cuz I hate puking. But just a lil queezy. I'm super hungry all the time. Though when I do eat, I can't eat that much - just a lil bit and then I'm done. But I've been really gassy & constipated for a week. That's not fun.

Those things make me miserable, but I can handle them. They all seem normal enough.

My concern is I keep having cramping. Really bad cramping at times. It freaks me out, because I thought (before I took the test) that I was gonna start my period, it was those type of cramps. But now taking a test and it saying I am pregnant, I'm a little freaked out by the cramps. Last night it was so bad I just stopped what I was doing and stayed still until they subsided (2 or 3 minutes later). But I don't know that it's normal.

B/f hasn't said his thoughts, I think he's letting it absorb. We're both in shock really. I don't know if he's thinking abortion where it's such bad timing for us or what he's thinking. I don't know that abortion is something I'd consider. I've wanted to be a mom for so long. My brother's baby is due in September and I have 6 other nieces/nephews and they're all a lil older... so I didn't want to have kids and not have them have any cousins to grow up with. So it's great that if I had a child now - it'd be within 6 months age of my brother's new baby. So I don't know if b/f's plan is to keep the baby or get an abortion. I'm a big ball of mixed emotions and thoughts.

This is totally unexpected. I've only said out loud once that I'm pregnant - that was to tell b/f. Even then, the word came halfway out and I just started bawling..... so I don't know what I'll do.

But I do want to know if any of the things I described are huge causes for worry.... I'm gonna try to get into my doctor ASAP, hopefully tomorrow, but if I can't, just some advice would probably calm my nerves some.

Thanks all!
June 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Veteran
Hi Becky,

Im new too but have been a browser for long enough I thought I'd jump in and start contributing.

First of all I'd like to say Congratulations to you and your partner. It may be bad timing, but we do what we can and things more than often fall into place.

Second of all, yes your cramping is normal. Is it like a period cramping? If so, yes the start of pregnancy often feels like this to me. I remember vividly the cramps and "period like" aches with baby number 1. It's your body getting used to new things happenign inside of it and trying to accomodate the bub. And hormones too!

The feeling of "erghhh"-you call it queeziness and I call it feeling "erghhhh." Eat what you can and when you can, listen to what your body feels like.

Hope I was some help to you.
June 16th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Regular
Thank you tons! Knowing that some cramping is normal.... whew, what a relief! It's like period cramps pretty much. I'm getting the "erghhh" feeling, all the time. I'm miserable. I wish there was something I could take to ease my stomach some. I'm finding some things make me ill at the smell of them.....like b/f made me breakfast of scrambled eggs & pancakes & bacon. I couldn't eat it, the site & smell made me sick. I have a feeling this isn't gonna be fun! I hope that the "erghhh" feeling goes away soon!

Thanks though - I'm so glad you replied!
June 16th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lovely_22
Congratulations!!! I understand what an emotional rollercoaster this all is for you and bf!! When I was worried and upset about my pregnancy I just kept saying "it will all feel different 3 months from now" to myself and you know what? It is soooo totally different now! I've accepted it, everyone I know is excited for me and I've gotten things figured out. Perhaps this baby will be extra motivation for your bf to find a job, any job and get things sorted out as quickly as possible. It will all be okay!!

Congrats again, please let us know how your appt. goes!!!

June 18th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Congrats
Cramping is pretty normal early on, so it's probably not something you need to worry about.
And just some info for future reference - Some light brown blood isn't really a concern either (if it's brown, it's "old" blood that's just making it's way out) and some very light pinkage isn't a worry either. Only worry and call the doc if it's bright red and theres a fair amount of it.

I'd love to tell you that I know some magical cure for the sickness but I never found one. I had "morning" sickness almost my entire pregnancy and it was TERRIBLE. Miserable sick all the time. You could try crackers - they helped a teeny tiny bit sometimes, but not really.

Lots and lots and lots of water. Water helped more then any thing else with the puke-ies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search