Sitting at home all day, what to do??

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM
lordsdaughtr's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to lordsdaughtr
Ok I am unemployed at the time and I live with my mother and I have no money.
Does anyone have any ideas for hobbies or something to do besides sitting around all day? Its getting really boring!! I'm trying to look for a job but I live in a smaller city so its harder and takes longer .
But in the mean time, what are some good ideas to pass the time?

December 4th, 2005, 12:50 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Reading different forums here at JM is a great thing to do!

I also like to read books, and I am super busy with my job.

Why not try going for a walk? Sometimes fresh air can be amazing for the mind and soul.

Hugs,

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Reading different forums here at JM is a great thing to do!

I also like to read books, and I am super busy with my job.

Why not try going for a walk? Sometimes fresh air can be amazing for the mind and soul.

Hugs,[/b]

Awesome Ideas! Thanks! I will have to go for a walk this evening. And read a book later on.
Today I managed to keep myself busy, it felt really really good! It really helped with being depressed and stressed. It put me in a positive and happy mood. I cleaned the entire house for my mother and then I made sugar cookies.

December 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to say that I envy you I wish I could quit working and stay at home...I wish that every day at 6am when I'm getting ready to go to work.

I love to read books and is probably my favorite pass-time. I also like to get those little craft kits, like those latch hook rugs or cross stitch. Right now I'm in the middle of making a small rug with a latch hook kit for the baby's room.

I like to paint, too, and it's fairly inexpensive. I sometimes go to the Goodwill or local Community Resources (thrift shop) and find a vase for a quarter or 50 cents. Then I'll paint it up with different things like flowers, animals, ect. It makes a really pretty, unique vase that's inexpensive. It's good to do that with plates and other things as well. I have a friend who paints up everything she can get her hands on...she's got some pretty neat stuff.

You could also do some volunteer work around town. I have a lot of computer skills so I'm always volunteering my services to small businesses or less fortunate people. Perhaps there is something you can volunteer to help?

I love making cookies so that is a great idea. Every year I bake a bunch and hand them out to friends and family. It's much cheaper than buying a bunch of gifts.

Take care and good luck to you!!!

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
December 6th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Brickybrat20's Avatar Veteran
What about reading books, baby magazines, scrap booking?

Brittany
Due April 7th, 2006~
December 6th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the ideas! There all wonderful ideas. The painting stuff sounds like something id enjoy. I also want to start a baby scrap book. Cool cool!

December 10th, 2005, 04:26 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mmmmmmm sugar cookies sounds so awesome right now.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 10th, 2005, 10:47 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I'm not working right now either...I am on bedrest because of being in pre-term labor. I watch TONS of movies!! Your local library may rent out movies. Mine does. I can reserve movies online and then just send my husband to pick them up. I also signed up for blockbuster online....they send my 8 movies a month and I get 2 free in-store rentals a month also. It is about $12/month. I also do latch hook rugs. I am working on one for the baby right now. I also read and post a lot on JM!! Also, my 4 year old keeps me busy...and keeps it hard to stay on bedrest!!

December 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im on maternity leave. So I spend my day doing laundry watching tv or being on the computer. Also I'll read every now and again. You are still so early in your pregnancy and I bet not feelign so much morning sickness. What about a part time job? They don't have to know your pregnant. I am about to pop and I'm not suppose to drive so I am not very active. Although I do drive a lot cause its the only thing I can do sitting down but still being active.

December 15th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
whatever you do, do NOT spend your time reading medical books on pregnancy and babies health, they will drive you nuts with paranoia!

i organzied a lot when i was PG, did a pregnancy journal, a scrapbook...

maby take up crocheting and make your baby a beautiful baby blanket....something from mommy... just what i did[/b]

I agree. i have like 10 pregnancy books and only use them for reference now. I was so paranpid in the begining. And I wonder why i had so many anxiety attacks my 1st trimester. I stopped reading all pregnancy books by my 2nd trimester. Any questions you have ask your doctor. They are more accurate. And some pregnancy books have a lot of bs in them. I read one that said if your baby has hiccups a lot then the cord is around the neck. NOT TRUE! My doctor had to show me the cord on the u/s to reasure me.

December 21st, 2005, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear you, boy do I hear you. I don't have a car right now and I think I have been in the house for like...3?4? days now.
I clean, bake, do housework, play on the computer, and talk on the phone most days.

December 22nd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Haha, I understand! I'm not pg but I live in Fargo! I saw your other post about relationship advice and you thinking about moving to Fargo, (a city you hate). You might want to be careful about taking a walk, just saying... there was a man found who died of exposure... the weather and all. Is the snow bad up there? Keep on doing what your doing, I do scrapbooking during the winter, and I work and go to school. Enjoy the 30's this weekend and Happy Christmas and new year! Pm me sometime, the Lakes aren't that far away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search