This is the crap I am talking about

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy

So ofcourse I am still uninsured..but wait it gets better! I have to wait 30 days for my insurance to be approved. Doc does not do payment plans either. But wait even better! I can not even officially await the 30 day period because I can not be considered until someone gives me a proof pf pregnancy. But guess what that is not free. My doc office charges $85-$100 for a preg confirmation visit. $85 bucks to pee on their fancy little dime store stick!

There is a pregnancy aid center that does them for $5 but their hours conflict with my work hours- and nope I don't have any leave because I am a temp employee, hoping desperately to be hired perm but they are not going to want to hire me if I have to take off early or come in lae like most temps have a reputation for doing....The idiot receptionist girl would not even work with me, the website says they have hours until 6:30 pm and saturday by appointment. but she said no, no, no apparently they stop giving out their own fancy little sticks at 4 pm. I explained my situation and asked if someone could please test me at 6 pm when I can make it there and all she could say was no no no.

So NOW I am looking for some kind of clinic SOMETHING that will give me the ###### test for a reasonable price so I can hurry up and qualify for insurance. Not that anything great is happening but it is scary to walk down the street and KNOW that if you keeled over you not only had regular hospital bills you can not afford to pay but even more bills in conjunction with being pregnant.

We are broke, at any moment at least 3 bills are late, and I can't afford a regular doctor's visit. THIS is why every day I become more and more stressed out and pissed and looking at the lovely view out of the lovely 24th story building in this lovely office I work in- but not really because I am a temp who only gets an access badge every 2 f$%%^$ weeks- and I want to just jump the hell out of it.

######!

Formally Known as Babies but I lost my old password!
July 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Veteran
Woooo Mrs. B! I can dig where you are coming from my dear! I am a temp too, hoping to go perm...actually have a good shot at it for once. T-Mo treats us pretty well so I can't complain, but HONEY I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!! Sh*tty temp job, Sh*tty to No Insurance, INCREDIBLE DISDAIN FOR WORK, Broker than Broke....Yeah Man, I know that feeling WELL. Hell, I'm still broke, lol.

Have you visited planned parenthood? They usually go on a sliding scale and I think you can get them to confirm. Do you have WIC where you are? I think they might do their own confirmation for you to apply to the program. Ummmm, I'm trying to think of what else. Medicaid? Lemme guess, you make too much....BEEN THERE TOO!

What kind of rapport (sp?) do you have with the agency, assignment? I think medical (since I'm sure you are reluctant to announce being preggers - me too!) is a fine reason to take some time as long as it isn't habitual.

Hang in there sweety, I know it is EXTREMELY frustrating, but it will ALL WORK OUT!

Daddy was white as a ghost when he saw my little heart beating and that's hard to do!
July 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Woooo Mrs. B! I can dig where you are coming from my dear! I am a temp too, hoping to go perm...actually have a good shot at it for once. T-Mo treats us pretty well so I can't complain, but HONEY I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!! Sh*tty temp job, Sh*tty to No Insurance, INCREDIBLE DISDAIN FOR WORK, Broker than Broke....Yeah Man, I know that feeling WELL. Hell, I'm still broke, lol.

Have you visited planned parenthood? They usually go on a sliding scale and I think you can get them to confirm. Do you have WIC where you are? I think they might do their own confirmation for you to apply to the program. Ummmm, I'm trying to think of what else. Medicaid? Lemme guess, you make too much....BEEN THERE TOO!

What kind of rapport (sp?) do you have with the agency, assignment? I think medical (since I'm sure you are reluctant to announce being preggers - me too!) is a fine reason to take some time as long as it isn't habitual.

Hang in there sweety, I know it is EXTREMELY frustrating, but it will ALL WORK OUT![/b]
You must have read my mind. I was thinking planned parenthood as well.

July 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
planned parent hood is $20 for the urine test. There is a pregnancy crisis center that does it for free but I could never get there and back on my 1 hr lunch break.

Oh well. If they fire me for being late there is nothing I can do about it. I'll go one day next week. This whole situation is so depressing, I don't care about much of anything anymore. I feel like the main character in that movie Waitress.

Thanks for the help.

July 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
blondie912
Every city tends to have a "Community Health Clinic." They are somewhat like a planned parenthood, and they will charge you based off of your income. Many times, things like that are free through those places. You should look it up in your phone book, it may be of some help.
July 9th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I found a place nearby and went yesterday and sent off my insurance request FED EX (free at the job) so they should have it this morning.

Just waiting it out now.

July 9th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Regular
Quote:
I found a place nearby and went yesterday and sent off my insurance request FED EX (free at the job) so they should have it this morning.

Just waiting it out now.[/b]

Well I hope everything works out okay for you! I know that out where I live I didn't have to pay for the pregnancy test. It's a place called Special Additions. They actually provide you with Presumptive Medical Insurance, which only covers you for 30 days until you can find any type of insurance.
July 11th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Veteran
Wow Michelle, that is pretty sweet, even if it is for 30 days! Nothing like that around these parts!

Everything WILL turn out for the best Mrs. B...even when it isn't clear to us!

Daddy was white as a ghost when he saw my little heart beating and that's hard to do!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search