When should I tell him?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Veteran
I guess I majorly goofed. The OBGYN told me I wasn't going to get pregnant and I might as well get a hysterectomy 2 years ago. I haven't because I totally hate any kind of surgery unless it's absolutely needed.

I told him (E) I couldn't get pregnant but here I am 7 weeks along... E's moved on to date other people and I don't want anything from him but I want my baby to know it's father's name, medical history, etc. I felt so stupid in my medical history report - I don't know anything about my father's history (divorce) or E's.

Should I wait until until 12 weeks to tell him?

How should I tell him?
July 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would sit down and talk with him and lay everything out on the table. You should tell him soon even though most people dont tell anyone until 12 weeks I think he should know since he is the father. Goodluck and welcome to unplanned pregnancy! We hope you stick around with us!

July 9th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I guess I majorly goofed. The OBGYN told me I wasn't going to get pregnant and I might as well get a hysterectomy 2 years ago. I haven't because I totally hate any kind of surgery unless it's absolutely needed.

I told him (E) I couldn't get pregnant but here I am 7 weeks along... E's moved on to date other people and I don't want anything from him but I want my baby to know it's father's name, medical history, etc. I felt so stupid in my medical history report - I don't know anything about my father's history (divorce) or E's.

Should I wait until until 12 weeks to tell him?

How should I tell him?[/b]

I would tell him sooner than later...he has a right to know that he has a baby on the way. Just prepare yourself for all outcomes good to bad. He may feel betrayed and angry etc etc because he was told that medically you could not get pregnant. Althought he still should have used protection because everyone has heard of someone who has had a 'miracle pregnancy' after being told that they could not conceive. Or he may be full on understanding. Don't fret about it. You did not purposely mislead him into believing you were infertile so it is not your fault at all.

What a suprise! But stuff like this happens often enough, unless someone does have a hysterectomy there is always a chance albeit small of conception.

I don't know a thing about my father's medical history either.

Formally Known as Babies but I lost my old password!
July 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hey hun I wanted to check in a see how you are and if you have told him? Or if you decieded to hold out.

July 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Talk to him as soon as possible, better sooner than later. Be prepared he might feel trapped and cheated since you said you can't get pregnant but I'm sure he'll get over it and understand it's just one of those miracles that happen

July 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Veteran
I haven't talked to him yet. I'm chicken! I know I need to and I just sent him a text message to call me. He might not but at least I've made the first step. I printed off a medical history thing off the internet so I can ask him about the stuff in my first appointment.
July 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Veteran
I wasn't sure if he would but he called me back. He says if it's his baby he doesn't want it and the only thing he'll say about his family medical history is he's fine.
July 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Im sorry hun. Do you have a strong support system?

July 16th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Veteran
I really don't have a strong support system. I grew up and stayed with controlling, abusive parents. I was able to escape that in 2005 with the help of my bf who turned out to be worse than my parents. Friends aren't something you're "allowed" to have in those situations.

I have worked at my job for over 10 years so I'm pretty close to some of my coworkers.
July 19th, 2008, 04:46 AM
herewegoagain's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to herewegoagain
Well i hope things work out for you. My son's dad when I was preggo with him 11 years ago said the same thing to me. Don't want the baby, not telling you anything. So I hope and pray everyday that there is no family history that can hurt him.

July 19th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lovely_22
Firstly, congratulations on your miracle baby! How are you feeling about having a baby? Is this your first?

I'm Heather, 33 and pregnant with #3. I had never planned to become pregnant again and was on BCP.

Sometimes men really suck!! I'm so sorry he's an idiot. The sperm donor in my case hasn't talked to me since I was at 8 weeks, when I told him that I was keeping the baby. What you need right now is some support, get it where you can...church (even if you don't go there are pastors who will meet with you), join a "Mommies" group, stick around here with us. Like I said, I'm sorry he's a goof.

July 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Veteran
I'm very happy to be having a baby. I can't think of anything more fabulous to do in life. I'm hoping the doctor's office does an u/s soon though cuz I keep thinking all the testing is mistaken. Silly me! All the test and symptoms should be enough to convince me.
July 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM
It sounds like you are having a very positive outlook on everything! Which is a great! I cant wait to hear about your u/s!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search