update

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Regular

I went to the doc last wednesday and she said everything looked good. The baby's father actually went to that appointment since it was the first. then they scheduled my o/s for tuesday. Which we put at a time that was good or him so he could be there. well yesterday i got to the doctor and i called him to find out where he was since we were not going to ride together. well my appt. time came and went and he didnt show up. they called me back. I got to see my little butter bean and hear the little heartbeat. which sounds really good. I found out im 6 weeks 6 day and im due feb. 26th. He wasnt there for anything. and when he showed up after the fact..meaning i was walking to my car....he coudnt understand why i was upset. He keeps telling me he is going to be there and when he doesnt show up to what i think is a very important appt. i dont see him being there. I try to explain to him that we cant just look at life day to day as much as other college people are. we actually have to have some what of a plan for this to all work. especially since he has decided he doesnt want to be with me but he does want to be a part of this baby's life. Which i feel is better then nothing but i would just appreciate it if he would show it. I keep running that saying through my head of a mommy becomes a mommy the day she finds out she is pregnant but a daddy doesnt become a daddy till the day the baby is born. He is showing that more and more each day. I just wish either i or this baby could get to him. I know he would have a different feeling if he heard the heart beat and maybe thats why he decided to be late. Im really not sure.

July 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Veteran
Congrats on your baby! I can understand how it would have been nice for him to have been there but I've learned we can't make other people do what we want or find importance in the things we do. Do you have a friend that could be there for your appointments to share special times like hearing/seeing your baby?
July 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I totally agree. With jrtlover. I would try and see if you can get a close friend or someone to come with you so you have the support you need. Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to unplanned pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search