New here :)

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Regular
Well i guess i just wanted to introduce myself... my name is Melissa, im 21 from BC.

I took a HPT 2 weeks ago which came back positive. I then went to the doctor, took another test - came back positive. He then booked me for my 1st ultra sound... which showed nothing. No baby, no growth, nothing? So, the doctor either told me im just 2-3 weeks pregnant, or im NOT pregnant.

So, im just looking for feedback - 3 weeks ultra sounds dont show anything? Or.....

I do have another doc appointment next week for some blood tests....

Thanks!
December 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
I'm surprised you got an ultra sound that early. I have my first one at 9 weeks and even that was early (it was done because I'm high risk). The maybe is so small at 3 weeks (gestation 1 week) that I'm not surprised that nothing was found. When was the first day of your last period?
December 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Regular
^ well thats the thing... my period is always so irregular that i miss months all the time.
I believe that my last period was in the middle of October. (sad that i dont even remember, b/c its so irregular it comes when it feels like, and its always a surprise)

The doctor made an appointment for the ultra sound b/c we had no idea how far along i was.
December 8th, 2005, 04:47 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 3 weeks along I dont think they can see much on an u/s. I had mine at 5 1/2 weeks and they just saw a round dot. The doctor was unable to see the heartbeat at that time.

Good Luck to you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 8th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome MelissaL! I'm glad you came here for help...the people on this board are great and very helpful.

It is way too early to see anything on the u/s. Usually you can't see anything on a u/s until about 6-7wks. Mine was a 7wks and all I saw was a dot with a beating heart. Give it some time...

Let us know what the DR says next week!

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
December 13th, 2005, 03:29 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Hi Melissa and Welcome to JM. There are a great many of wonderful people here. I'm 26 years old and ready to "pop" here shortly.

My first Dr appointment wasn't until I was about 11 weeks along because my OB was so backed up. That is when I got to see the little "pea" and a heartbeat. It's not uncommon to not see anything so early.

Just keep us posted and let us know.

December 13th, 2005, 06:54 AM
nat81
Hello and welcome! Do you have an update for us yet???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search