Who else is as anxious as me?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just can't stand it... I'm only 2.5 weeks pregnant (4.5 since LMP, I don't know why they calculate those 2 weeks into the pregnancy but anyway) and I only found out I'm pregnant a few days ago, but I'm SO eager to get into the second trimester! It kind of sucks knowing I've got this wonderful little life inside me, but I'm not able to feel it in any way. I'm also extremely apprehensive about the possibility of miscarriage. Isn't it something like 1 in 4? I know that gives me a 75% chance of a healthy pregnancy, but that 25% seems so gigantic now and I'm absolutely terrified of it. I let out a sigh of relief every time I go to the bathroom and don't see any traces of blood on the toilet paper. I know the baby is a long way off from being able to hear me (heck, it doesn't even have a heart or brain yet according to the preg calendar) but I still talk to it daily and tell it to really hang on in there! lol, I'm a nutcase. I want to go shopping for baby stuff so bad too! Everytime I pass the baby section at Wal-Mart during our weekly grocery trip, I stare longingly at the little onesies and tiny shoes and stuff (I've been doing this before I was pregnant too) and I want so much to start buying some cute stuff, but I also don't want to do this until the second trimester when the miscarriage rate is reduced to almost nothing. My SO is excited and telling everyone he knows the good news, and I'm apprehensive about that because if something happens, that's just more people we have to tell bad news to. Bah, mid-March just needs to hurry up and get here, that's all.

Anyone else having all kinds of concerns and just plain feeling icky about the first trimester? Or am I just a worry-wart who needs to chill the [blank] out!
January 17th, 2005, 11:12 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
Honey your in for a long 9 months from the sound of it.... I remember being like that with my 1st. The 2nd pregnancy flew by, the 3rd went by fast the first 6-7 months and then drug and this one has gone by fast but I am so done it's starting to drag too.
calm down or your gonna make yourself crazy!!!!!
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
January 18th, 2005, 01:49 PM
nat81
I remember constantly worrying about a miscarage in my first trimester. Then I worried when I was in my second and couldn't feel the baby move until recently! Take my advice and enjoy it while it lasts because time will fly and before you know it you'll be close to your third trimester wondering how you got there so fast.

Congratulation!!!
January 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
~*~AIMEE~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your post just described me to a "T". I am further behind you. I found out three days before my period. I was supposed to start today, and I keep going to the bathroom to "make sure" everything is o.k. The only difference between you and I is that I caved at Wal-mart and bought a few small things.
January 28th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we all worry about the possibilities of miscarriage- but try not to. The first trimester definately sucks- but the second will be here before you know it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search