New here

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
rose4123's Avatar Regular
Hello ladies. I am new here and more then a bit freaked out. My husband and I found out we were pregnant a few days ago. We both are very freaked out and scared about the whole thing. DH and I have been married for 13 months and really didn't plan on kids this early. I don't know, maybe it is the right time. We both are 26, so we are "old enough" whatever that means, we are doing pretty good money wise. I am soo scared about this. I am about 10 pounds over where I want to be as it is, and really don't want to gain the 30 pounds Dh says I should gain. Dh said the baby should weigh 6-7 or even 8 pounds!! That is HUGE!!! Plus I'm a triplet so that means I may have multiples myself. Granted would be great because I do want twins at least. The kids would have a built in playmate and we would be done. I have a huge fear of needles. I had a panic attack about it last night and haven't slept very well since we found out. Dh will attempt to look for a vein and I cringe and squirm and cry. Dh has been very supportive. He has been looking into our options and is looking into getting a house. A family friend is building a very nice looking house down the street from DH's parents, plus he said he would give it to us at cost. So we could get a 200,000 house for 130,000, which would be great.
We have a beautiful 4 year old cat named Limerick. I am worried about how he will react. He is very attention hungry and hates change, like most cats. Like I can't get through this post without having to see what he wants 10 times. FYI getting rid of him is simply NOT an option! He has been very sweet these past few nights. He usually comes in the bedroom and curls up at my feet, but for these past few nights he has been rubbing and purring up by me, like he did when he was a kitten. He has also bee curling up on my lap whenever he gets a chance, not too out of sorts, but he has been more pushy about it. He actually climbed on my keyboard yesterday rather then waiting for me to "make room"
I am worried about the reaction of my family, especially my mom. Plus my brother is getting married in 2 weeks and will no doubt think this is a grand plan to ruin his big day. Last year he got engaged 4 days before my wedding and planned to announce it at my reception, he didn't but the threat was there. Now I have no plans on telling anyone until after the wedding, but still I know that is what he will think. I know my in laws will be very happy. My MIL has been searching for an excuse to retire and I'm sure this will be a perfect reason for her. Plus if DH gets this new job at his lab, there will be a 2-3 hour stretch between when he leaves for work and I come home. If she does retire, childcare will be no problem. There is sort of a "baby boom" in my family. My one cousin has a 3 year old, another has a 2 year old and one of the way, and another has a 1 year old. So this will be the 5th baby in the family. I know my grandmother and aunts will be thrilled. My uncle complained a few years ago that get togethers are "no fun" without babies. But my family is 6 hours away. That will be the hardest part!!
All this on top of the "are we ready", "will I be a good parent" questions I'm sure everyone asks. Anyway, thanks for listen, long I know. I just need somewhere to vent. Thanks.
July 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
First off congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to unplanned pregnancy. Im Lyndsey mommy to David who is 14 Months and baby Katelynn who is due in November. Im the host of this board. So if you need anything feel free to PM me. As for your feelings they are completely normal even within a planned pregnancy many women feel the samething you are feeling. I felt the samething when I got pregnant with our first. I wondered what are my parents going to say. My mom was thrilled and shocked at the sametime. My dad well he got used to the idea. MY friends were shocked as well but happy for me. Oh did I say we were only married 2 weeks when we found out lol. With Katelynn we were preventing pregnancy actively and I still got pregnant talk about super fertile lol. My parents were happy my inlaws where happy. Some of my friends were not so happy but they have since gotten over it. You will be fine! Congrats and enjoy your pregnancy! It goes by way to quickly as does the first year! Congrats again and welcome to unplanned pregnancy!!!

July 17th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Veteran
Hi rose and congrats on being pregnant! I'm a believer that things happen for a reason so good luck with everything and it will all fall into place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search