Newbie, Hi!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Veteran
So, I'm new here, and I thought I'd say hi, cause boy is this where I belong! I'm Izzy, I'm 22 and I'm excpecting my first baby. And it's a total surprise to us.

My bf is Drew, 25, and this will be his second child. Well, I guess really both of our second child, as I've been his son's mom for most of his life. Yeah, this is gonna need some back story, huh?

Spencer, who is almost a year and half, is Drew's son from a previous relationship. His bio-mom took off when he was about 2 weeks old, never to be heard from again. Drew and I started dating when Spencer was about 2mos old. I didn't really enter his life until he was 5mos old. We just wanted to make sure we were serious before he got attached to me. Spencer's first word was...well his first word was poop, but after that it was ma! Just after his first birthday we decided to start filing paperwork for me to adopt him, which first meant tracking down his bio-mom and getting her to sign her rights away. I figured this was going to be difficult, but once we tracked her down, she was more then willing to give up her rights. It was kind of bittersweet. I was happy that it was going to be that much easier to become Spencer's mom, but on the other hand, I was really sadden by the idea that someone wouldn't want a little boy as sweet as Spencer.

So, anyways, I figured our little family was complete. Drew and I had been talking about getting married, and neither of us really wanted another child. I had never really thought I'd be a mom at all. But just one little boy sounded good to me. And Drew was more than happy with just his sonny boy. And if we did want more kids, it wouldn't for awhile. I just graduated college in May, and I'm still working on getting a better job. We aren't married...and won't be for awhile. Plus we live in a two bedroom apartment thats on the small side.

So, of course, I'm pregnant. I just found out about a week and half ago. And its kind of officialy sunk in now. I'm still in shock, so's Drew. I'm happy...kind of. Mostly I'm in shock. My doc and I crunched the numbers, and we put my EDD at 2/13/09, which is about a week before Spencer's 2nd b-day (2/20).
July 17th, 2008, 11:06 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
First off Congrats on taking a huge step in adopting spencer! That is amazing! And Congrats on your pregnancy! Although a shock things will work themselves out! Things have a way of doing that! Congrats again and welcome to unplanned pregnancy! Im the host of this board so feel free to pm me if you need anything!

July 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats!! Our stories sound so similar, except neither me or my DB have any other children. I am 23 and just graduated college in May too and I've been looking for a job. I found out I was pregnant in April. I noticed in the calendar thread we have the same birthday but a year apart I know it will be a shock for awhile but pretty soon you will grow to become accustomed to the idea of being pregnant and it really does grow on you! I was shocked at first too but now I realize how much of a miracle creating another life really is. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, and even though you and your DB weren't planning on having anymore children, there is a reason you two were chosen to become parents to the little life you created together. Congratulations again, hope to see you around here more!

July 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! Your story is really amazing, I'm sure you and your bf will find a way to make it all work. my DH and I were in total shock since we only though about having kids in the next 4-5 years and some times I even liked the thought of staying child-free forever, but this really is the best thing that ever happened to us. Hope to see you around more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search