Single moms

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do you get through it all? Being single and what not. Did you get stronger once the child or children got here? I feel very weak and can't cope right now. I am at the very end of my pregnancy with hormones going wild and it looks like my relationship is going to sh*t. He tries his hardest but just does not understand most things and usually makes me feel horrible when he is upset. I am 19 and he is 23. We live in our own apartment and luckily the lease is now on a month to month so I don't have to stress about that if worse comes to worse.

December 9th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Well, I'm not single, but I grew up with just my mom and me. She did it all on her own and I think since it was just the two of us for so long that we had a really good and tight relationship.

My mom is still my best friend.

She was 35 when she had me. She never even told my dad (it was a one-night thing and he moved away around the time she found out). By that point in her life, she already had a career and good income, so I'm sure that helped with stability and worry. But she was still afraid to tell family.

All of her siblings had had kids really early, so all my cousins are a good 15 years older then I am.

But she was single and pregnant from some guy who wasn't going to be involved at all. She was 7 months pregnant and hadn't told any of her family yet!

One of my aunts and her husband came for a surprise visit cuz they were in town - she opened the door and there she was in all her 7-month pregnant glory. Had to beg my aunt not to tell my grandma, so she could do it herself.

Women have been raising kids on their own forever, just out of nessecity.

When I was little I always looked up to my mom as the strongest person in the world. It wasn't until I got older that I really realized how hard it was for her, but she did it. And so can you Good luck.

December 9th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy gatita
i am a single mom of 2, soon to be 3, and at first i was very overwhelmed, but now, my kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. my relationship i am in now is extremely shaky, hes scared to death and only thinking of himself, we don't live together, which at this point i am thankful for. i have my family i live with, so thats a big help, but even when i was out on my own, you find strength that you never knew you had to cope. once that baby is born, its like no other feeling in the world. but believe me, i am not trying to candy coat it, yeah, its hard, especially when my boys want to do sports and they have no dad to do it with, but i do my best. i can never take the place of a father figure, but i love them so much sometimes i am glad he is not around. once the hormones settle and you get used to the baby, everything will fall into place. you are stronger than you think you are. best of luck to you!

December 10th, 2005, 04:53 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will not say it is easy. I dont know how I did it when they were younger. I am a single mom to 3 boys ages 14 13 and 10. I have been a single mom for 10 years. I cant explain or write down how you do it you just do. You have to sacrifice a lot to make it work but every minute is worth it. I love my boys with all my heart and if I could go back in time and change things I wouldnt. They are so special and a part of me. I love them for who they are, they are all different.

You find an inner strength that keeps everything going. It is not the best situation but it can be done. Dont let anyone tell you you cant do it. And dont let anyone tell you that children from "broken homes" are trouble makers and have more problems. My boys have huge self-esteems and are great boys. It just takes a lot of hard work but the rewards are like no other.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 10th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Right now it feels like a rollercoaster. And I am sure this is normal since I could pop at any time. My boyfriend says he loves me but that I really piss him off at times. I am a really difficult person to live with, have a relationship, or be friends with. That is how I know who my true supporters are I guess. Because if I had to deal with me I would be long gone. And its hard for me to except that someone actually does love me. Whatever happens with my relationship I know my son will have his father around. He is not one to leave from his respnsibilities. I just can't imagine having to share custody and what not. I know its selfish but I want my baby to myself. I want him to be raised by both his mother and father. But I know I will do what I have to do when the time comes. Its not about me or my bf anymore. Its about the helpless little guy inside of me. And I know thatnothing else will matter once he is here.

December 10th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Being a single mom is hard ! But it is the most rewarding job I have ever had. My son is 5 now and I remember many sleepless nights walking the floors with him. The nights spent in the hospital with him (he had colon problems and ear problems)But I wouldn't change anything for the world my son is awesome and I could not be prouder of the lil guy he is becoming </span>

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
December 10th, 2005, 05:45 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks ladies! Right now it feels like a rollercoaster. And I am sure this is normal since I could pop at any time. My boyfriend says he loves me but that I really piss him off at times. I am a really difficult person to live with, have a relationship, or be friends with. That is how I know who my true supporters are I guess. Because if I had to deal with me I would be long gone. And its hard for me to except that someone actually does love me. Whatever happens with my relationship I know my son will have his father around. He is not one to leave from his respnsibilities. I just can't imagine having to share custody and what not. I know its selfish but I want my baby to myself. I want him to be raised by both his mother and father. But I know I will do what I have to do when the time comes. Its not about me or my bf anymore. Its about the helpless little guy inside of me. And I know thatnothing else will matter once he is here.[/b]

Try to get some counceling for yourself. It sounds like you have a great guy by your side and I would not want you to lose him. Sometimes talking to someone that is nutral can do wonders!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search