Confused, Scared and lost

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2008, 12:05 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
First Welcome to unplanned pregnancy and congrats on your pregnancy. I do not have much advice to offer since I have not been in your situation or your whole story. I would take the time you need to think about your decision. And discuss it more with your husband. I know that I get terribly sick when I am pregnant as well. This one was no different. I was miserable until 22 weeks. Which was just last Sunday. I had many apperhensions when I first found out I was pregnant because of all the complications I had with our first. But I knew I wanted this child more than anything when we thought I was having a miscarriage turned out to be nothing but still stuck it in me that I wanted this child. I know that this was not planned and things happen. But just remember everything happens for a reason. Maybe the clinic was a sign that you are suppose to bring this child into this world. Regardless if you raise this child yourself or choose adoption. I am a true believer in signs. Good luck and big hugs.

July 27th, 2008, 10:08 PM
SarahMascara's Avatar Regular
it sounds like you have a huge load of responsibilities as it is and theres gotta be some point in everyone thats had childrens' life that you realize you just dont need anymore kids , thats nothing to be ashamed of, you have 3 children and if the idea of an addition to the family just doesnt set right with you thats YOUR decision and no one elses
i had an abortion a couple years ago and theres no way in hell id be where i am right now if i hadnt, and dangit im happy, dont get me wrong im all about some babies but it just wasnt the right time for me so i can relate to what youre going thru. and girl if you feel your done then let yourself be done! dont feel no shame for bein in control of your own body

its almost scary how much this looks like the daddy to be!
July 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well first of all I'd like to give you some big I can tell that you're going through a lot right now. I can't totally relate to your situation, but my pregnancy was definitely unplanned as well and I completely panicked too. I'm just out of college and not even married and my boyfriend and I had no idea what to do. What I did was think about each of my options (adoption, abortion, keeping the baby) and I tried to weigh the pros and cons as best as I could. I know its impossible to forsee the future but I tried to think of how my life would be in each situation. Each one had its good points and bad points, and in the end I decided to keep the baby. Its an incredibly personal decision and you have to do whats best for you and your family. Remember you are only 7 weeks along, you do not have to make any decisions immediately. Maybe it would help you to sit down with your husband and talk about what your lives would be like (and those of your other children too of course) and how you might feel in each situation. It might help you to make your decision. I know its hard, but you are a strong woman and you will get through this. We will always be here on the board if you need to talk.

July 28th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Thank you everyone, its nice to have people to talk to. Im taking everything day by day at this moment.[/b]
And really hun thats all any of us can do! Please stay active on the board and let us know how things are going. We would love to have you join us! WE are here for support and not to judge. Everyones situation is differnt! Big hugs!

July 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hugs... good luck with your situation..

We have all been where your at right now... thinking about your options. Do whats best for your family and you. I believe that our children choose us and sometime I wonder what mine was thinking when she chose me. I had just completed a year of college and had decided to take a break (really family issues and stress were straining me out) I was kicked out of my house for asking to sleep out on my 19th birthday (dont get me started!) and I was currently working 2 waitressing jobs and living at my bestfriends house. This is when I found out I was pregnant. Couldnt have been worse timing.

Now I cant picture life without her... just as everyone else cant picture their lives without their LO's

Good luck!! Continue taking it one day at a time!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
July 28th, 2008, 10:34 PM
im glad that you are feeling better. we all feel anxiety when we are pregnant. I know I did when I first found out. I was high risk with our son so it brought all those scary emotions back. Big hugs hun!

July 29th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

I think i am a little pressuming to answer this because i am not in the same situation. Our pregnancy was unplanned (according to me)....and it took me by such force and surprise that still i am scared to DEATH of it and i am also scared to DEATH of the little stranger that will come into our lives. This is our first child. I can relate into 2 topics with you though. The first was that i had a minor complication during the last weeks of the first trimester which was due to my tilted uterus that was pressing head first on my bladder making it impossible for me to go to the bathroom at ALL. We went for an u/s and they found 2 large masses on my uterus (not cancerous) and they said it was them blocking the bladder from emptying. I was so angry that the pregnancy was making me go through this that i thought seriously of getting an abortion, having a surgery, taking my time and then trying again (more conciously this time to all the pregnancy effects). I told my husband and he went paper white but looked supportive. I called my doctor and told him if it was possible to arrange an abortion, then we could clear the masses (6 inches one of them) and then i would be ok. What he told me next made me rip into tears in front of my husband and the thought of abortion just flew from my mind. He told me 'Sometimes life doesn't give us another chance for the same thing. Can you be sure that after the abortion everything will be ok and that you will be able to have kids just like that? Nature chose it this way. If nature wants to kill it, then let nature take it's course. Don't force it yourself'. I really don't know what else to say on that since you already have a lot of kids but that spoke volumes to me. I am almost your age 34 and i am scared about everything. Even the body image and issues. I was 125 pounds and 22 weeks in i ended up 147. Might not sound like much, but i feel that my body is not mine. And that seems so furstrating at times......You know what was the most strange of everything? Every single u/s i had after that phone call NO ONE managed to find any masses. They seemed to have dissapeared. They claimed that maybe the first one was wrong or that it was just part of the uterus muscle tightening and it looked like a mass. My abortion would have been in vain......

Oh God....i wish you the best whatever you decide. I can feel part of your furstration, believe me......

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

July 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you are feeling on the up and up! Good luck at your u/s tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

July 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Im so glad you are feeling better! Yay for a heartbeat!

August 4th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
glad to hear you had a great appt. Everything will work out.
August 5th, 2008, 05:32 AM
mumof2g
ive had about 5 panic attacks today the joys of a unplanned pregnancy, really unplanned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search