I need help please.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Regular
Hey ladies! I'm Amber. I am seventeen years old. Me and my bf had unprotected sex (yes i know stupid) on the 20th. The first day of my LMP was July 5. I was supposed to start my period today, but I haven't had anything at all. And usually the day before I have really bad cramping.. and yesterday I didn't have any at all. Well, a few days ago I told my boyfriend that my boobs have been feeling kinda achy, and he said something about them looking bigger? I seem to get tired really easily this past week. I don't know what to do...I can't really talk to anyone around me about this, because I live in a small town, and word gets around pretty quick.. so I figured I would try and get some help.

I have done the ovulation calculators, and all of them say that I would've needed to conceive from the 16th through the 21st. So for that part the timeline matches I think? I was going to wait until next Monday to go have a test done, if I haven't started yet by then. By Monday, my period would have been wayy over due. Idk, is this waiting too long?

If anyone has ANY advice at all I would be greatly appreciative. I know I messed up, I just need to know what to do.
August 5th, 2008, 08:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would go get a home pregnancy test. It should show up if you are pregnant. First response has worked well for me. GL hun and keep us posted. I hope it works out the way you want it to.

August 6th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello Amber! I hope you are doing well. Monday wouldn't be too long to wait at all. I waited until I was a week late to test because I haven't been a week late in at least 5 or 6 years so I knew then that something was up. If you don't want to wait to test, an HPT should be able to tell you now because this would be the first day of your missed period. First Response Early Response would be a good test because with those you can test 5 days even before your missed period. If you want to wait until Monday that would be fine too, you would probably get a more accurate reading then. I know its hard not to panic, but try not to worry too much until you know for sure. Good luck, please keep us updated! We will be here if you need to vent/talk!

August 6th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Regular

Thank you both very much, I appreciate it a LOT. && I will be sure to keep you updated. I still haven't gotten my period yet. It's day 2. I'm just a little scared on how to tell my mom.. any advice at all?
August 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would just be honest with her. My mom took my 1st pregnancy hard at first and I was living on my own and married. Neither of us were expecting it so soon. But I wouldnt give David up for anything. If I had gotten pregnant at a different time he would not be the same person. And I could not imagine ouf life without him. Anyways I would just sit down and talk with her. It may be easier to write her a letter if you are super scared of her reaction. GL hun.

August 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Telling my parents was the hardest thing I've had to do in my life thus far. I was so scared I waited until I was almost 14 weeks along. But I knew I had to because I knew I needed prenatal care. I just blurted it out. My mom reacted really badly, it took her about a month before she actually even started to come around. My dad on the other hand, while he certainly wasn't happy about it, he took it better than my mom. Your mom may be much more understanding though. Do whatever is the most comfortable for you, be it telling her in person, writing a letter or an e-mail, or some other method. It definitely will not be easy but in the end you'll be so glad that you did it. Your mom loves you no matter what and I'm sure at the end of the day, she'll be more concerned with your health and the health of your baby (if you are indeed pregnant).

August 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
best of luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search