suggestions needed from the jersey mom-to-be's

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy gatita
well, i have gotten myself into some situation. i have recently found out that i need to move out of my familys house before the baby is born. i cannot live with the father because we are not together now, and i am stumped. i have 2 other kids, and i want to keep my little family together. wednesday i have my first pre natal appointment and i know that i can bring this up to the social worker there, but for now, i am scared and stressed out. does anyone from jersey know of any options other than my obvious ones. worst come to worst i know that i can always get placed in a motel, but i want that to be my last option. i do not have enough money to afford rent on my own and i really do not have anyone else to turn to. what started out as something very happy for me has now been sad. i want this baby so much as do my kids, and i know its going to be hard. i don't know if the father and i will get back together or not, but for now, i need to plan for myself and my kids, period. i cannot think of the what if's. maybe i am stupid for holding out hope, i don't know. all i am sure of is that i am in a sticky spot and i am hurting alot. sorry for whining, i just know that many understand and may know of something i have not thought of yet. thanks for any feedback.

December 17th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Veteran
I am not from jersey, but talking to your social worker is the best start. They know what programs are out there to help you and your children. I know there is HUD housing which will help you a lot along with food stamps and free childcare, so you can continue to work.

Have faith. God never gives you anything you can not handle. When you cant understand why such bad things are happening there is a reason for this and in the end to outcome is the best for you and will most likely has change your life for the better. I have to keep remember this for the problems that I am facing now.

December 17th, 2005, 09:35 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I'm not from NJ, but this website might help you get some info that you need, like welfare, adoption, child support recovery, and other social services that are open to you.

Good luck, and have faith. Life always seems to find a way to work itself out.

December 17th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy gatita
i keep telling the father that everything happens for a reason, he cannot seem to understand why i am pregnant and his ex could not get pregnant and they were trying for 4 years. we were not trying at all. i am stressed yes, but not insanely stressed, i know that things will work out one way or another. him on the other hand, hes pressuring for me to have the baby live with him and his mom, which i am not crazy about. i see how excited my kids are and that seems to bring me back into the good of all this. not exactly how i thought this christmas would turn out, but, it could be worst.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search