Question

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello, I have a questions. How many girls got pregnant using the withdrawal method as the only form of bc? If so how long were you using this method before having an unplanned pregnancy?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer!
December 19th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Eliana's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Eliana's Mommy
<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(vintagedolly @ Dec 19 2005, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class=\'quotemain\'>Hello, I have a questions. How many girls got pregnant using the withdrawal method as the only form of bc? If so how long were you using this method before having an unplanned pregnancy?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer![/b][/quote]

December 19th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
was on orthotricyclin b/c and withdrawal most of the time and i am def pregnant!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

December 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
My DH and I used the 'pull-out' method for most of 5 years and it actually worked fine (for us). I went on and off birth control a couple of times, but always had bad side-effects and usually got too poor to afford the pills.
We've both got good jobs now and I've got health insurance, so I totally could have gotten back on the pill, we just hadn't bothered yet ^.^;;;;
I know exactly when I got pregnant because it was the one time in the middle of my cycle where we were... weak and he didn't pull out.

December 20th, 2005, 09:46 AM
lordsdaughtr's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to lordsdaughtr
I always use the pull out method with my ex, and never got pregnant, but then again we didn't use any protection or the pull out method for 2 years and I Still never got pregnant. It all depends on the male and female. Some women could get pregnant on the pull out method, but it all depends.

December 21st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on b/c from sept of 2004 till april or may then we used withdrawl i had a chemical pg in june, and feel pregnant useing withdral in sept.

</div>

</div>
December 22nd, 2005, 03:25 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had used the withdrawl method for about 2 1/2 years before I got pregnant. It worked well for us until that one night I heard "oops!"--he didn't pull out in time and I just knew that did it! Boy was I right and I'm so glad!

I also got pregnant on the pill which ended in a miscarriage almost 3 years ago--the pharmacy gave me expired pills though, I never thought to check the date.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

December 22nd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We used the withdrawl method for 8 months before I got pregnant. We were also using natural family planning though, where I tracked what days I was ovulated and then we used a diaphragm for that week. Unfortunately, the 8th month I had an ovarian cyst that threw off my calculations and we used only withdrawl during my ovulation period. And TADA! We have a beautiful baby boy!

December 25th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Regular
Quote:
Hello, I have a questions. How many girls got pregnant using the withdrawal method as the only form of bc? If so how long were you using this method before having an unplanned pregnancy?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer![/b]

Hi ... I was doing that for 9 years.. and got pregnant... with number 6.. but then miscarried
December 26th, 2005, 07:34 AM
MrsLDawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsLDawson Send a message via Yahoo to MrsLDawson
We used it off and on for the last few years, usually around the time I new I was due to ovulate. The month of October was funny though, cause I hadn't been feeling well during that month so we had very little intercourse and the couple times we did have sex he withdrew (it was during my ovulation time). The next thing we knew I was pregnant. After almost six years of success with it.

Happily Married To Andre

Very Proud Mom to:
Hernando Cortez (19)
Jazmine Irene (14)
Ariana Neishell (6)
DeAndre Terrell - July 7, 2006

<div align="center">

</div>
December 28th, 2005, 05:38 PM
4 years

December 28th, 2005, 08:05 PM
abigailsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to abigailsmom
We used it for four years before getting pregnant. I think it really depends on very precise timing.
December 30th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Cin1294's Avatar Veteran
Quote:

Thanks to all who take the time to answer![/b]
We used this method from 1996 to 2001 and it worked great. We stopped because we were TTC #2 and after #2 I went on Depo (which I do not recommend) because I was BF'ing. We went back to withdrawl method early this year and was surprised with this pregnancy about 6 months later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search