i think i might be pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2006, 08:08 PM
Regular
i have taken 2 pregnancy tests within the last 2 hours, and 1 yesterday around noon. all 3 had a basically negative look to them, except a tiny bit of a shaded line. i took some pictures, PLEASE tell me do you see anything? am i going crazy?

January 1st, 2006, 09:24 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
In the first one I can't see a line... in the last two I *think* I see lines, but they almost look like evap lines to me... b/c they look whitish.
I've used AccuClear several times though, and have never seen an evap line... sooo you never know!! Sorry I couldn't be more help.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

January 1st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
get the clear blue easy digital, there are no question with those. With these if the line showed up after the alloted time then it's probably a negative result.
January 2nd, 2006, 05:24 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you should get the digital one because itll read "pregnant" or "not pregnant"...i used the same one you did the first two times and i wasnt sure if it was a positive or a negative because i was thinking that my eyes were playing tricks on me then i got the digital one and it said pregnant...i did 3 more test after that hehe...but thats just me...good luck!

January 2nd, 2006, 05:58 AM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
Looks like a couple of VERY negative tests to me. There is always a very faint pink line there. That line gets darker if you are pregnant. The line has to come from somewhere. In my opinion you are NOT pregnant. But get a blood test at the Dr's to be sure if you're still worried.
January 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
Regular
im going to pick up a digital test later on when i run out, i have a docs appt set up on the 4th anyhow because dh & i were tired of playing the "Guessing game" every month. Prior to this month we didnt have any insurance for me, just on our son. So now i finally can go get bc. Except my period is nearly 6 days late. I read this article last night, that i just thought i'd share because it really brought out some confusion in me about these home tests. I found out i was pregnant with my son right away. So now i dont know what to think. Pregnancy Test Research
January 2nd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Veteran
Hey Tempest!
Well judging by the pics you attached, it's no wonder why you're confused...I also kind of see a very faint line there. This could mean one of two things: either it's a negative test, or it's a very very weak positive pregnancy test. lol I know this doesn't really help. I used the non digital tests (two of them) but both came out with two lines almost immediately. And the second line was quite a bit darker than yours. I would say most likely it's a negative test, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate taking another one and if you get the same type of result (a very faint second line), have the doctor test you for pregnancy. If you're six days late and normally very regular, I'd keep testing until I either got a period or a positive test. hehe.
Keep us updated on what happens!

Good luck!
Brigitte

January 2nd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jezzica04
Well its hard to tell in those pics. I would say they were negatives. But with me I used First Response after I was about 4 days or so late for my period. I used first morning urine and it was so faint. It was soooo faint that I called the 1800 number expecting them to say if it isnt a dark line ur not pregnant. But a line was line to them and it meant positive. I took a picture and sent it to my friend and she could barely see it. So if I had put the picture up here you wouldnt be able to see it. I suggest u get a digital test take it in the morning. If its still negative give it a few days or a week maybe...if u still havent gotten ur period then get a blood test its the best way to tell. Good luck and keep us updated!!!

January 2nd, 2006, 12:16 PM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
I used the cheapest test I could find (I had spent more in the past and always regretted it when it was negative) and it turned out clearly positive. Go figure
January 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
Quote:
There is always a very faint pink line there.[/b]
That's not true in my case. I've used the Accu-Clear tests (same as tempest), several times and have never once gotten a pink line, or even an evap line, when I wasn't pregnant. I do think she *might* have evap lines on hers, but I personally, have never gotten any sort of line, when I wasn't pregnant.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

January 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any news to share??

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

January 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Looks negative to me...but preg tests can fail.

I got a negative serum blood test with my first daughter that said I wasn't preg. I knew they were wrong and I was right (and I was, too). But, then again, that was one of those free health clinics in a huge, overpopulated city.

With this one I used the cheapest test I could find ($4 at Family Dollar) and got a positive instantly within seconds. I've never tried the more expensive name brand .... but they both say 97% accurate on the box so go figure. I went straight to the DR after that....and then a u/s really confirmed it. (LOL, I am sometimes still amazed that I'm pregnant)

If you are still in doubt, seek a dr...

Besides...you'll know for sure in a month as there will be no doubts then!

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search