Should I? (Holy Crap!)

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Hi! I'm new to the boards, but I'm looking for some support. I have been on the generic of Ortho-Tri-Cyclen (Tri-Sprintec) and had to stop taking it because my periods became irregular (every 13 days). My boyfriend and I were having unprotected sex (yes I know, stupid). I'm aware of the risks, so I really don't need a lecture.

But anyways...I'm just wondering if you girls think I should take a pregnancy test tonight or if I should just wait it out for a bit? I am 3 days late, have really weird cramping on the sides near my hips along with some slight cramping here and there over my abdomen, I've been kinda hungry lately, I feel bloated, have a killer headache, slight acid reflux, and I'm tired. Usually I am always pretty tired seeing as how I work in a hospital, but you can see it in my face that I haven't had enough sleep.

With the cramps, I've never had those kind before. Not on the sides of my body that kinda radiate into my back. Usually they were always right on top of my abdomen. I have so much tension in my back that I want to cry.

What do you guys think?

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Veteran
Hi.
I tested when I was only 4 days late...and it came out very positive! I think it would be safe to say to try a test...but then again, being off the pill, it's possible you're not actually late?? You're body could just be adjusting its cycle and all that, and you may start any day now. It's so hard to tell with these things,...I say if you're thinking about it, and it seems to be all you can think about, I say go ahead and test. There's no harm in testing. If it's negative, don't discount pregnancy all together. It could be that it's just too soon to tell.
Good luck to you! Let us know what happens.

And don't worry about getting lectures here...This is after all the "Unplanned pregnancy" board...lol

January 4th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for you input! It was eating at me, so I just went and bought a test...I just have to wait until I really have to pee. I wanted to disregard it as just my body adjusting itself, but i've been so achy lately and my sides hurt so bad that I'm sorta wondering if I am. It's hard, I've got a bunch of the symptoms, even a very stuff nose, but then again, i get some of these symptoms with my periods too. *pulls hair out* Ugggh, hopefully I'll know. Watch, seeing as how I just bought the test it will be negative and 10 minutes later I'll start my period. :\

Ok...I just took it and...I'm pregnant....I have mixed emotions right now. I'm shaking...

January 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to xo_ariannasmomma
congrats on your pregnancy! have a happy & healthy 9 months
January 5th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Veteran
OMG! That was so fast! This is like a major deja-vu of me three months ago...Congrats! Even if you don't know how to feel about this. You're going to go through so many more emotions throughout this pregnancy. Right now, you need to take it easy, and relax. That's the best thing. Take the day off work, stay in your pj's, treat yourself to your favorite desert,...Do what you need to do to relax. This will help you think more clearly about how you feel about this.
Next step, go to the doctors. They'll be able to give a more reliable confirmation (but in my experience, a positive hpt means a bun in the oven)...But they'll also give you all the info you need and tell you how to care for yourself right now.
All my best wishes to you and your new little "beaner". I've found that reading (best ones: Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and What to expect when expecting) and coming here online have helped me so much. Have you told your man yet?
Remember no matter what you're not alone, and if you ever need to talk, you can ALWAYS come here and talk with us.
Take care and keep us posted!

Oh PS. I had the same kind of weird cramping too...Before I knew I used to say there was an alien inside my tummy pulling on something, or poking me with something sharp...Turns out I was right about the alien! Also, in case you're worried about it, the cramping is normal. Just make sure that the pains aren't lasting long (and that they come in short intervals), and that you're not bleeding (a bit of spotting is ok normally, as long as it's not super duper clotty, heavy and a really reddish color). If you have any concerns though, your doc is the best to talk to. I know you didn't really ask, but I thought I'd offer you that bit since I freaked out when I got cramps and had a bit of spotting...Good luck!

January 5th, 2006, 06:58 AM
nat81
WOW! Congrats and good for you for taking a test right away... keep us posted!!!
January 5th, 2006, 11:35 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Congrats! Even though you may not feel it now, there is a wonderful little baby developing in your body!

Remember, we are always here for support! If you need anything just give us a post!

January 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks girls!!! I actually feel really good about being pregnant. I'm not having any morning sickness yet, so that is good! I still havent been able to tell my man yet, seeing as he works midnights and I work mornings. I was going to stay home today from work, but I went in anyways. I felt good, so it didnt really bother me to go in. But, I'm so thankfull the day is over with. My back and neck hurts. Also...the pains in my sides dont last that long when they are around. Mostly just in little spurts here and there and I'm not spotting at all. I can't wait to post pictures of my growing belly!

January 5th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Veteran
Way to go! Now you have so much to look forward to...hearing the heart beat for the first time, seeing your beaner through an ultrasound, feeling those little love punches inside...my heart melts everytime my little reminds me she/he's there...
I'm so happy for you!

As always keep us posted!
Take care!

January 5th, 2006, 08:05 PM
^^Awwww you were crying? *hugs*

I wish you the best of luck with your situation. Hopefully you will be pregnant and you can share in the joy as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search