Though times can get rough....

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Veteran
Hey all,
I know most of us here are looking for advice and need to talk and vent...I'm most definately one of them! But I guess right now (probably one of those crazy emotional and hormonal moments) I just want to share some awesomely wonderful things I'm experiencing.
As much as my man and I have our share of problems, he really is wonderful! For example today I asked him to clear out the spare room which we're turning into the nursery (we had this queen size mattress on the floor for when his mother comes and a bunch of his computer junk). I came home and everything was all cleared out and nicely organized...It was so nice to see that he did that. Also, after our big fight the other day about his mom (double ) he's been really trying hard to understand my mood swings and practice all those little tricks on how to make me feel better and how to deal with my mood swings on his end. It's been great!
As for the baby, well, each day that goes by I grow more and more attached to "beaner". I like talking to her/him and goofing around with her/him (ex: in the car I very annoyingly sing that overplayed Kelly Clarkson song "because of you" in this exagerrated opera tone...I know it's probably not funny to you guys, but I get a kick out it, and when the little one moves when I do it, it makes it that much funnier). I've also come to the conclusion that "beaner" is definately unique already (just like her/his mom)! Ok this is very imbarassing for me, but honestly, my one and only major craving is 2% milk...but get this! I can only drink it out of a baby bottle or it just doesn't taste the same. I KNOW!!! how much of a loser am I??!! But only someone who's comfortable with themselves can openly admit "YES! I drink from a baby bottle!", right? ...anyways, "beaner" seems to like it because she/he is the most active when I do that...and I mean at anytime of the day! It could be night, morning, afternoon,...it doesn't matter! the minute I start drinking from that bottle, she/he goes nuts! I've got a little weirdo inside me...I guess she/he takes after mommy.

I'm getting so excited for my first ultrasound on the 18th of January! The only dilema: Do we or do we not find out the sex of the baby?? As much as we want the surprise, we're so curious and can't wait to find out! We'll figure it out. There are just so many things I'm looking forward to! Like the first time I see and hold beaner, hearing her/his first words, watching her/him grow taller and bigger as the years go by, seeing her/him roll her/his eyes at me when I totally imbarass her/him in front of friends...Ah, all the moments that make life worth living! hehehe

Because the vast majority of us on here are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, we're all very scared and very emotional in dealing with this new life growing inside. A lot of you are wondering if you should even have this baby at all or if you should adopt, or are dealing with an unsupportive partner, or wondering how to break the news to everyone, or even just going through some tough times accepting and coming to terms with the fact that this is really happening, regardless of your financial or relationship situation. Myself, I've gone through all of that, and am still going through some of it. But I just want to remind you all that there's most definately a lot of good times that come along with this. I'm pro choice all the way and am just as supportive about adoption, so to those of you who choose these routes or who are considering these options, I'm absolutely not in anyway trying push keeping the baby on you. I guess all I'm trying to say is that I'm very happy with my decision, and I can only hope that every single person who hits this page, or who is going though an unplanned pregnancy can feel just as happy with the decision they've made (regardless of what that decision is).

You're all in my thoughts! Take care and have a great night!

January 7th, 2006, 08:17 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Lol! You are soo funny and you definately cheered me up some! I have been having such a horrible morning!!

IMO I think you should find out if it's a boy or a girl!! I've got 24 days until I get my big ultrasound, and I'm soo impatient just for that!! I can't imagine waiting until July to find out!!!

January 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Regular
Hey Brigette!

I just wanted to say that you cheered me up and gave me hope for my own situation (I know, I know...really cheesy but I can't help it!). Thank you

I think you should find out the sex of the baby....then you could start shopping!

Jade

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.

After a labor lasting approximately 3 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 18 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and dark hair.
January 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Cindy's Avatar Veteran
What a sweet, happy post! I loved it!

I think you should find out. Gives you another reason to shop during those long last months. It's still a surprise that way too.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
January 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I love the fact that you act goofy...its going to possibly make your baby a very happy/excited one. I wouldn't be suprised if he/she has an outstanding personality.

With that said, I sing to my baby too! Oh, and I dance. I think it's fun and it certianly makes me feel like my good vibes are affecting the baby well. Rather than be depressed and sad, I'm happy and excited and can't wait to hold the little donut. I can't wait to see my belly get bigger, to hear the heartbeat the first time, to feel it kick for the first time, to feel it punch me in the bladder, etc. I just can't wait!

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search