Question about pregnancy & being on BC

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
thirdtimesacharm's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to thirdtimesacharm Send a message via Yahoo to thirdtimesacharm
I have a friend who lives with me. She and her DH separated just about a year ago and she moved in with us. Fortunately, time and communication worked wonders for them and they are now very happy and in the process of moving back in together sometime in March. However, since they've been back together, they have obviously been together *wink wink*! She has not missed a pill at all, however, she has all the tell tale signs of being pregnant. We discussed it on Friday night, and last night I made her purchase a HPT. I recently suffered a m/c so I'm all too familar w/ the early pg signs. Tired all the time, strange cravings, smells are highly heightened, shes pottying more often than not, etc.....

Her LMP she said was 12/27, however, she only had miminal spotting, for less than 2 days, prior to that her normal LMP was 11/28. Is is possible to become pg on the pill?

I will tell you she took a test last night and got nothing. The test this AM still leave ALOT to wonder about. She took it and then I looked at it way past the 10min mark but there is a line and it is not an evap line. We will be going out again today to get another set of HPT's.

Any advice or thoughts on the possiblity of pg on the pill? I know it has happened but.........any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
January 8th, 2006, 11:14 AM
serendipityx7's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to serendipityx7 Send a message via Yahoo to serendipityx7
Was she taking them at the same time everyday or was she late in taking one or two? Yes, you can get pg on the pill. If the HPT's are coming up inconclusive, she needs to go get a blood test done. That may be wise anyway since her period in December was only spotting.

Best of luck.

Co-host of Mommy Weightloss
January 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Veteran
How long was she on the pill? I was on the pill for 2yrs and switched brands and the first month of the new bc I ended up pregnant.

January 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to thirdtimesacharm Send a message via Yahoo to thirdtimesacharm
It is a new pill and it's been about a year on it! She had some tough months in between starting it and now so I'm not sure.

Her CVS brand test was BFaintP. She just took a FR and it was blatantly negative. I told her to take the other one tomorrow morning just to be sure. We'll see then.....

Thanks for the advice ladies. It is MUCH appreciated!

to you all!
January 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Veteran
Hey,
Well, I'm living proof that yes you can absolutely get preggers on the pill. I was taking my pill religiously, everyday at 3pm and had my cell phone alarm ring just to remind me to take it. But alas, turns out I was that small percentage and now I've been carrying beaner around with me for over 18 weeks now! I've been advised that it's because I drank while on the pill, and of course, alcohol decreased its effectiveness.

It could be something else that she's going through with her body that may cause those symptoms, but I agree with you to tell her to take another test. A blood test would be the most accurate though.

Also I'm so sorry to hear you had a m/c. You're a good friend to let your friend stay with you during her hard times!

Hope everything works out for her!

January 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well its still kinda early to be testing. I'd have her wait a week and test again so you arent wasting tests

January 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If her 12/27 spotting was implantation she should not be getting faint positives after the test time, they should be very positive. Does she want to get pg but is on the pill because of the marriage issues? if so she could be causing false pg signs. It could also be the pill itself doing it.
January 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Girl_in_Alberta's Avatar Veteran
Totally off topic, but Natural Blessings, are you from Llyod??? I noticed your location is AB/SK so I was just wondering, lol!!

January 8th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Braxton was a bc pill baby.. So yes it is very possible... The pill is not 100% effective due to human error...
January 9th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Without testing, how did you know you were pg on the pill? What made you suspect it?
January 9th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was on orthotricyclin for like 2 yrs...and im definatly almost 25 wks pregnant! lol...it can happen i would def wait to take another test tho, it seems kind of early

Quote:
Without testing, how did you know you were pg on the pill? What made you suspect it?[/b]

I just had a feeling...i even knew what day it was and everything. I was really nauseaus and my boobs were very swollen and irritable

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to callmecrazy
2 of my 5 were conceived while on the pill. Also orthotricyclene. Let's just say that after this one either my husband is getting snipped or I am getting the old tubes tied. I love my kids, but I've got to draw the line somewhere, LOL!!!!

January 11th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks for all the advice! She had blood work done on Monday and that was negative! All her results came back normal, so now we wait for a week and a half to see if she gets a period. She stopped her pill and is living now as if she were pg just to safe! I'll update you all when I know something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search