Question about braxton hicks contractions

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Veteran
Hey all,
Just a quick question for you guys...

I'm 18 weeks preggers going on 19 weeks on wednesday. I had my first braxton hicks contraction yesterday and I'm kinda thinking "isn't it a little soon to be feeling that yet??"... I'm starting to think I'm either a little further along that the docs think or I'm just an early developer! I started feeling fetal movements at about 15 weeks, though I hear it only usually comes at about 18 weeks, and now the braxton hicks contractions which I hear don't normally come until after the 20th week. I know there are always exceptions to the rule, but I'm getting a little worked up about it. I'm really looking forward to having a JUNE baby (due date is 06/06/06 hehe get it?) but if I'm actually a few weeks more into this pregnancy than we think, this will probably be a MAY baby and that totally screws up the name that we have picked if it's a girl!!! grrrrrr! lol
I know it's no big deal, and I'll probably be rejoicing if I don't have as much longer to go (starting to not be able to sleep due to being uncomfortable) so whatever, I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting some stuff early like me.

Let me know!

January 9th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most first time moms don't feel bh's until much later in the third trimester.

With my 2nd and 3rd kids I had them start at 14 & 12weeks. My dr said it was impossible to feel until after 20 weeks, but the uterus contracts from the beginning of the pg and i know alot of other women who've had them start earlier plus the same contractions show up as contractions on the stress test at 30weeks. With my third I never even mentioned them to my dr until I was over 20weeks.
January 11th, 2006, 09:23 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Awww Brigitte! Your belly looks so cute!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
January 11th, 2006, 10:58 PM
HotMama84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to HotMama84 Send a message via Yahoo to HotMama84
I have heard of people feeling movement as early as 14 weeks and as far as the BH's, I can't really remember since it has been more than 2 years since I was last pregnant. Good luck!!
January 12th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a definate braxton hicks last week and I was 16wks preggers then. It wasn't painful but it was enough to make me short of breath.

Braxton-hicks actually start at about 6wks pregnant but most people don't feel them for quite awhile (or they don't recognize them for what they are).

It's normal so hang in there and enjoy. Just pay attention to them if they continue into a pattern (happening every XX minutes) as it could be a sign for pre-term labor.

Hey Brig...you should join our June DDC...we had several posts about Braxton Hicks not to long ago.

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
January 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just had one at about 25 weeks...but i know someone who had them very early on..and she ended up ok

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search