Pregnancy Info. Help

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Regular
Hi Everyone! I am hoping someone may be able to help answer some of my questions and give me some insight. I am 22 yrs old and I have been on Ortho Tri cyclen for about 8 months now. My period was coming very regularly as scheduled. My last period ended around the 24th of November. My husband and I had unprotected sex ( meaning no condoms) many many times during the month of December. Right before I was due to get my period (approx. 3 days before) I had some spotting. It started off a light pink colour then darkened to brown. It was much lighter than my period, but enough to wear a pantyliner. My periods are usually quite heavy and red.And it really only appeared more when I wiped when using the washroom. The spotting was accompanied my some cramping and a bad back ache so I thought that I was in for a doozie of a period. The spotting lasted about 6 days but the cramps only lasted for about 2 days. Around the 20 of Dec I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative but that was before the spotting. My period still has not come. I have been extremely tired, sleeping 8-9hours at nite and taking 2-4 hour naps after work. I have also felt kind of bloated and my back ache comes and goes. I have also noticed that the blue veins in my breasts seem much more evident. Now my questions are: Does this sound like implantation bleeding? How long does implantation bleeding normally last? And when should I take another pregnancy test?(Is it too soon to test?)Or could it be "breakthru" bleeding as I know happens with being on the pill on occasion? Any other information on pregnancy symptoms and implantation bleeding would be greatly appreciated as all the sites I have been on offer different information. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer my questions.
January 10th, 2006, 01:07 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I would retest or better yet go to the Doctor to test. I am also on Ortho Tri too, I wouldnt think that eight months later it would cause any such issue. Sounds like implantation bleeding to me, but just to be sure I would go see the Doctor.

January 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Good luck and I would defiantely suggest going seeing your doctor. It does seem odd that after 8 months of the same birth control that this would happen.

thoughts are with you
January 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM
HotMama84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to HotMama84 Send a message via Yahoo to HotMama84
It sounds like implantation bleeding to me. I agree to go to the doctor and get a blood test. Good luck!!
January 12th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Regular
Thanks for the advice everyone! I took another test yesterday morning and it was still negative, so I am going to see the Doc today. I hope I get an accurate result from him anyways. When my sister became pregnant she went to the doctor 3 times to get both urine and blood tests, all of which came back negative. She didn't get her period for 4 months and finally when the test did come back positive , she was indeed 4 months pregnant. I hope that I don't have to go through with that but genetics are a funny thing I guess. Anyways wish me luck. And thanks again for the advice and the nice wishes!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search