How is everyone doing?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2006, 02:12 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Hey everyone!

Just wonedering how everyone's pregnancies are going since we are not all due at the same time and this board is the biggest place for us to get to know each other!

Let us know

I was a little worried at the beginning of my pregnancy because Ryan and I had not planned to have a baby for about 2 years. At the time we got pregnant I was working on my university degrees and not quite ready to have another child!

I adapted quite well to it all and am very happy with the decisions I made regarding the pregnancy and the baby.
It scared me that Ryan was unsure and did not talk to me about it alot in the beginning. Ofcoarse it took him 2 months to come around but we are doing awesome now and looking forward to the baby's arrival......

Has anything changed in your lives for the better now than perhaps it had when you first received the news of your pregnancy?
January 11th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Veteran
hmmm...very good question! Well, I had just taken a job that paid less because I was so unhappy at my last job I was just so happy to be leaving that I didn't care what the pay was...Then three months later, I find out I'm pregnant even though I was on the pill! To make matters worse, my b/f had just the previous month quit his job at Air Canada and wasn't working. And to top it all off, we were only dating for 5 months at the time! Yuck!
Luckily, we both fell very hard for eachother when we first met. It only took us 3 weeks of dating to say I love you for the first time! The news of the baby-to-be was shocking for him at first but he took it very well considering our situation. It wasn't until after it sunk in that he went through the emotional rollercoaster. His family didn't really have the best reaction to it (have you read my other posts?? lol) so needless to say, he definately went from happy to totally sh*t scared. But after talking it through with him, and giving him the encouragement he wasn't getting anywhere else, his self esteem went up and he started to feel more confident about having this baby and being able to make it work. Within a few weeks he landed this AWESOME job that pays him way more than what he was making at Air Canada and we both moved in together in a nice two bedroom of our very own. We'll be getting a house within the year. We've worked out our finances for when the baby comes and we've started on the nursery. Got a crib that we're getting fixed up (I don't really trust the previous owner, so we're having it sanded down and refinished to a very light wood color), a change table and a whole bunch of little odds and ends like cloths, pacifiers, diapers, teethers....Plus we've received all these hand-me-down clothes from friends and co-workers (though all of it is girl stuff so I better hope I'm having a girl!!)
We're both getting soooooooooooooooooooo excited for our little one to come. I have a lot of fun feeling the baby beat me up from the inside and protrude out of my belly in ways I can't even comprehend! lol I swear the other day I almost had a heart attack from what I saw! Imagine two bulges the size of tennis balls protruding from your belly, yet right smack side by side only about an inch apart! I was like "What is that!?? It doesn't even make sense! What part of the baby's body is making it do that? I swear there's two of them in there!"
But I really don't think twins. My belly's way too small to be carrying twins at this stage plus the doctor I'm sure would have suspected it earlier on when he was measuring my tummy. To add, both times I got to hear the heartbeat, I only heard one there so, I think twins are out of the question!

Well, I'm definately happy about having this beaner! I just can't wait to hold her/him for the first time!!!!! eeeeee! It'll be so worth it all!
Take care all! You're all in my thoughts!

Brig

January 11th, 2006, 09:08 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie

I have read some of your previous posts on this board but it is sooo hard to remember who everyone is all the time! I totally remember now though

Wow, it sounds like you had quite the tough beginning there! But it is great that with your help, your b/f came around!
Family can be so intimidating, I know that for sure.....
I was really scared to tell my family. I kinda told my mom one day without even planning it but told her not to tell anyone because Ryan and I were planning on waiting until Christmas to announce our news.........
She told my dad 2 days ago and he is quite upset with me because I didn't tell him. Not mad though, just upset that he didn't know.......
We haven't told Ryan's family yet and we are both kinda nervous about that as we don't know what their reaction is going to be. Neither of us think it is going to be a good one.....

We have been together for nearly 3 years now and life has been great, although it has kinda thrown a few surprises our way.....
The biggest issue that there is is that he was married for 8 years and is now legally separated (this is why we haven't married yet).... When he married his ex, he took on her 2 children and now is basically going to be forced to pay child support for them..... She cheated on him and that is what caused their downfall (which I might add worked out great for me)............. He also has a 12 year old daughter who he only met just before we met. He learned about her when she was 3 years old when Human Resources went after him for child support because her mother had applied for welfare....... Unfortunately he chose not to get to know her because his wife at the time made him choose between his unknown daughter and the wife's two kids.........

This is why we had a very rough time when we found out about our pregnancy. We knew it was a great thing for us, however it was not the greatest timing as we had planned to buy a house within the year, get the divorce settled and then get married..... We wanted a baby within 2 years..............
We are worried that his parents might have a problem with us because of the past that he has with his former relationship with the wife..........

I am just glad that he has come around though and is showing interest in our junebug!
Our relationship never went down hill at all when we found out, it was mainly that we did not talk about the baby at all....

But things are looking up now that we have opened up and gotten over our own issues.... Now we just have to deal with his side of the family and prove that we are doing a wonderful thing here together.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search