Preg with period while on pill?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,

I've been on ortho-cyclen for 5 years and never had any problems. My period has always been regular as clockwork, I would take the last pill Saturday night and get my period Wednesday morning. It would be two days heavy and three days light. Last cycle my period was half a day late and only about 2/3 as heavy as usual. Also the first day was light, followed by two heavier days, then two more light days. I'd taken all my pills correctly and only had sex during the third week of the active pills (when I should be most protected - right?). Could I have gotten pregnant somehow? My breasts were very sore for a few days before my period, but that has since gone away. My lower right abdomen hurts but it might just be a pulled muscle. I'm now a couple days into my next set of active pills and today I felt slightly queasy most of the day, like I was a little seasick. This has never happened before. I was salivating more than usual and had a stale taste in my mouth. Does any of this sound like pregnancy? I would only be two weeks preg or less right now. Am I worrying too much over nothing? Please help me! Thanks in advance.
January 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM
HotMama84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to HotMama84 Send a message via Yahoo to HotMama84
The way your period was might have been caused by stress. Sometimes stress messes with mine. And since you even had a period, I dont really think you are pregnant, but anything is possible. I guess the only thing you can really do is test to get your answer. Good luck!!
January 12th, 2006, 06:14 AM
nat81
I would say it's not likely...but you could always test just to be sure. Good luck!
January 12th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Regular
Hi again, and thank you HotMama84 and nat81 for your answers. I probably am just stressing over nothing. I'm scared to death of a pregnancy right now b/c i'm getting married in 7 months, so this would be a terrible time to be preg. Last month I was also traveling and had a cold and a sinus infection (tho I did NOT take antibiotics, just advil, which is no prob right?). Could that sort of thing mess up a period? I think I will wait a few more days and then test, to make sure I get the right answer. And if the test comes back neg and I get my period this month that means I'm ok for sure, right? Thanks again!

P.S. Hot Mama and nat81, your children are ADORABLE!!
January 12th, 2006, 11:38 AM
HotMama84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to HotMama84 Send a message via Yahoo to HotMama84
I had a really bad cold and ear infection that I just got over and it did mess with my AF only I got her a day early, so yes it is possible that that could mess with AF. I would test just to be safe, though. If you are not 100% satisfied with the result, I would go to your doctor and get a blood test. Good luck!!

And thank you for the compliment!
January 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
The stress as well as being sick could cause your period to do strange things. I would say it is not likely that you are pregnant. However there is always a possibility. I wouldn't worry about it though. Wait until next month and see how your period is.

January 12th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Regular
Thanks again so much for your replies. This board is awesome!

HardWorkinMomma, when you were pregnant on the pill, did you get your period? If so, for how long and how did you figure out you were preg?

The only thing worrying me right now is that I've felt very mildly queasy for the last couple days, since starting the new pack of pills, and that has never happened before. It hasn't been enough to mess with my appetite though, and I haven't thrown up or had any weird cravings. Since I could've conceived as late as Jan 1, I'm going to wait another week or so to test, if I can build up the courage to do it. Wish me luck!
January 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i also got pregnant from ortho tri cyclin lo....i would just test if you think you are. good luck!

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM
bcmomma's Avatar Veteran
I was on Yasmin

Don't fear taking the pregnancy test, I guess we're all different, but personally, I need to KNOW these things, and NOW, lol! Good luck sweetheart!

"As my memory rests/ but never forgets what I lost/ wake me up when September ends."
January 13th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Regular
19yroldnewmommie and bcmomma, did you continue to get your period after you got pregnant? i'm afraid to take a test, i don't know if i could even look at it after taking it. but i guess it's better to test now than wait another 3 weeks for my next period...
January 15th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Regular
Soooo... I took a pg test first thing this morning. It was the kind where there's one line to indicate the test worked, then a plus sign if you're preg and a minus if you're not. On mine the minus sign came out really strong, and I didn't see a plus sign at all, but the test line was really faint, so I'm wondering if I messed something up. It definitely did not look like a positive, but I'm wondering if the test was invalid b/c of the faint test line. Anybody help? Thanks in advance.
January 20th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would wait a week then try again if you are unsure

* also no, i did not have my period, it completely stopeed after becoming pregnant. i didnt even have implantation bleeding

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 24th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Regular
thanks, 19yroldnewmommie. this is just a quick update. i haven't tested again but i think i'm probably not pregnant right now. i'd be 3-4 weeks along by now, and i don't have sore boobs or nausea or fatigue, which seem to be the most common three symptoms. unless the bcps are masking the preg symptoms? well anyway next week is placebo pill week so if i get my period then i know i'm ok. and if not... yikes!
January 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*popping in from september ddc*

I would definately test again to make sure. I didn't get a period, but I was also on the pill and yet here I am. So it is possible...
January 26th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Regular
Thanks ecstaticmommy, but at this point I'm just going to wait for my period rather than spend money on another test. I only have a couple more days of active pills and then my period should come during the fourth day of the placebo pills. I figure there's no way I could be preg and get my period TWICE, right? Especially while taking bcps? But anyway I'll let you all know what happens... Take care and thanks so much everyone for your input.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search