Got pregnant while on the pill! How to tell BF???

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2005, 01:38 PM
Elizka's Avatar Member
Hello Ladies,
I just found out that I am pregnant. I have been on the pill and I am not sure how this happened. I have had some issues with being regular even when on the pill, but I didn't think I would get pregnant. Now, I don't know how to tell my boyfriend this. I am very worried how he will take this. We are both adults with good jobs but I don't think we are ready for this yet. I worry that he will think I did this on purpose. I am not even sure why I think that , I just don't want him to. Please give my any advise on how to tell him. Thank you all so much!!!
Eliza
January 31st, 2005, 01:52 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all welcome to JM and congrats! I got pregnant on the pill too. It was scary. My now husband and I were in college. I got pregnant within the first week we started sleeping together.
There is not easy way to tell the BF. Sorry. You're just gonna have to sit down and say, "I was late, I tested, I'm pregnant and I want this baby" Well in more or less words, I think you know what I mean . I'm sure since you said you're both adults with good jobs that he'll be shocked but take it better than you're fearing. I have noticed that alot, that people take the news alot better than the person fears is going to happen.
Good luck to you. Please stick around. JM is a wonderful support group and we have some fun here too.

January 31st, 2005, 01:58 PM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant while on the pill also...not with my first, but w/this pregnancy. My husband & I were waiting for 2 more years & found out I was pregnant...it was a total shock at first, but everything will be okay after the initial shock wears off.

Stick around here, there's a lot of support & information...
January 31st, 2005, 02:10 PM
Elizka's Avatar Member
Thanks Ladies,
I will stick around for sure. Any help and support is great no matter where it comes from. I am really worried about telling him as I know for sure he is not ready. We have been dating for 9 years and we don't even live together I can't imagine this news will be a good one for him.
I will tell him tonight or tomorrow night. Will let you know what happens.
Thank you so much,
Eliza
February 7th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Regular
It will be OK! I am 23, when I got pregnant the doc gave me an estimated conception date between 15 and 28 November. The problem with this is that I was dating my boyfriend bot interested in another guy. WAs wit my bf but broke up with him on the 20th, started up with the other guy I was interested in (Justin).
Found out I was pregnant in December, after breaking up with the bf, and the day after I had a serious talk with Justin. I told Justin I liked him but wasn't ready for a serious relationship. He then proceeded to tell me that he wanted a serious relationship and since I wasn't ready to try, he didn't want to see me anymore because his ex was back in the picture and she was willing to try again. So I had to deal with telling my 19 yr old ex boyfriend I was pregnant and it MIGHT be his. As well as telling Justin who just broke up with me to get back with his ex because I didn't want to start a serious relationship. Talk about hard. They both handlesd it fairly well. The ex is back in the picture and is very supportive although scared to death. Trying to deal with the fact we might be having a kid. Justin, I think, is trying to pretend it isn't happening. But dealt with it pretty well considering the circumstances.
February 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Elizka's Avatar Member
Wow, and I thought I had it hard :-)
It has been a week since I have told him and he acts as if I am not pregnant. I asked him twice if he thought about the situation some more and all I get is that this is not the right time. What the F**K does that mean to me???? I know it's not the right time but we still have to deal with it. So, I wrote him a letter explaining that I am not sure if I can go thru with an abortion and that if after 9 years of being together we can not start our lives together and deal with this then I wasn't sure of what the future will hold for us (if I do go thru with the abortion).
I am so sad and so hurt that he does not want to even talk about this and try to deal with it and make the best out of this.
I just don't know what to do :-(
February 8th, 2005, 08:02 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((((HUGS))))) I'm so sorry he's being a jerk! Stay strong.

February 8th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ryryandmom Send a message via Yahoo to ryryandmom
everything will work its self out. I was 18 when i found out that i was preggo. i was also on this pill. my sister is 16 and she is 7 months preggo and she was on the pill also. it happens and everything does work out, i hope it does for you too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search