HELP!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Regular
I am barely 18 years old, and my boyfriend will be 17 next month. We have been having unprotected sex (we've only used a condom a handful of times) and I haven't been on birth control for over a year now. I got my period on Dec. 4, and had sex several times that month. I know for sure we had unprotected sex on Dec. 24. (not sure about any of the days before that) My boyfriend always pulls out before he ejaculates, he has NEVER went inside of me. However, on Dec. 26, I was at Christmas with my family, and threw up after eating. Ever since that day, I have felt constantly nauseated, severe headaches, mild cramping, lower back pain. We had sex on New Year's Eve, and if he went deep (tmi) it hurt VERY VERY bad. I thought maybe this was just a sign that I was getting my period. My period is like clockwork. Never early, never late. So I expected it this month on Jan. 4. I stressed all day about it at school. Around 2 pm on Jan. 4 I went to the bathroom, and when I wiped, there was a little bit of pinkish/reddish blood on the TP, but not even enough to get on my underwear. The next day, I filled approx. 2 tampons, filled a tampon overnight and woke up with blood on a maxi pad. This is normal, because the second day of my period is always heavy. My period usually lasts anywhere from 5-7 days. By the fourth day into my period, I had hardly NO blood when I would change my tampon every 4 hours. I have read that women can get their period 2, 3, 4 times even after they are pregnant. I have also read that stress can cause you're period to be lighter. I thought the nausea (no vomiting, just feeling like I can) was just the flu (we have had 1/4 of our school population gone for the past 2 weeks). Last night I had what seemed to be a gallbladder attack (pain between my shoulder blades, extreme heartburn). I can't decide if I'm getting symptoms because I'm making myself believe I'm pregnant and really not, or if I really am! If I am, this is completely unplanned, and I feel like I'm going crazy here!!! I keep thinking I have a sickness, but then I start thinking....well why would I be feeling so sick every day and never throwing up?? I have read into every thing I can imagine on the Internet, and some sites said that stressing over things can make you feel nauseous, have headaches, etc. I had slightly sore breasts before I got my "period", but now have not a trace of soreness. I can squeeze my breast very hard (tmi) and feel nothing. I am also freaking out about the color of my nipples. I think that just a cm-wide ring around them is darker, not my entire areola. But I never really paid alot of attention as to what color they were before!!! I just feel like I'm making myself crazy, but then I can't help but wonder if I'm pregnant. My bf and I have been together for almost 2 years, and have been having unprotected sex almost the entire time. Please help!! I need a mature, wise woman to answer my question, and maybe put me at ease. I am too scared to talk to my mom, and WAY too scared to take a HPT, because I have this awful hunch that it will be positive. I live in a small town, everyone knows me, I have a 4.0 (senior in high school)... my boyfriend has a chance to play college basketball in 2 years, but I will never get an abortion, and giving a baby up for adoption is a hard thing to do, because my bf and I are so close. Someone please respond ASAP before I go out of my mind!!
P.S. If I am not pregnant, this has definitely convinced me to use birth control!!
January 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing that will put you at ease would be at test. Based on the fact that your boobs don't hurt, I would assume you are NOT pregnant, but you should go and get a test anyway. Even if you have to take the test somewhere other than your house.

January 12th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Regular
Quote:
The only thing that will put you at ease would be at test. Based on the fact that your boobs don't hurt, I would assume you are NOT pregnant, but you should go and get a test anyway. Even if you have to take the test somewhere other than your house.[/b]

Thanks. I forgot to mention a few things. I have absolutely NO appetite, have hardly eaten anything in the past few days.... tense shoulders, immense heartburn, craving for orange juice (abnormal). I haven't been needing to use the bathroom frequently, but I also haven't been drinking hardly anything! I can't tell which symptoms fall under stress, and which ones could be a result of a possible pregnancy?! My parents are leaving town this weekend, so my boyfriend is trying to get me to take a test, even thought I am scared out of my mind!!
January 12th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, good luck with the test!
One other thing I figured I would mention, if it says negative it may be too early to tell. It is also recommended to take the test with early morning urine, because that has the most hormones in it.
If it says positive, even if the line is kinda faint, it is almost always correct.
You can get a false negative, but extremely rarely a false positive.

January 12th, 2006, 04:03 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
The only way to know for sure is to take a test. Good Luck to you.

January 12th, 2006, 05:35 PM
nat81
I definitly think you should take a test just to be sure. Also, the pain you had when your bf went really deep could just be the fact that he went too deep. Good luck and keep us posted.
January 12th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Yup - test is the only way.

I was sort of the opposite of you. I was convinced that I WASN'T pregnant, and was taking the test just to be sure. I totally didn't believe it when it came back positive. lol. I convinced myself that there was somehow a chance of a false positive, but I can tell you now that that almost never happens.

In any case, if it does come back negative, you should still test again in a few days/a week just to be safe.

My DH and I used the 'pull out' method for about 6 years and it worked... until last September. haha.

We first started dating and 'getting serious' in highschool too. I was WAY to terrified to tell my mom I was 'active' and needed birth control, and I couldn't afford it on my own. To get it through her insurance, obviously she'd have to know.

My mother in law (back then, she was just my boyfriend's mom) found a condom in his pant pocket and asked him about it. She actually took me to planned parenthood and got me on birth control for a while (it was one of those shots that last for 6 months, so she paid for it right there).

Don't know how your boyfriend's parents are, but if you're too poor to get on birthcontrol on your own and too scared to talk with your mom, that's always an option.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search