Get to know you

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2006, 05:40 PM
nat81
I've noticed a lot of new faces here so fill out this questionaire so that we could get to know everyone again!

Name: Natalie
Kids: 1 DD Nicole almost 8 months
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: I was on birth control when I got an infected cold and was put on amoxicillin... well the drug counter acted against the pill and I became pregnant
January 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Name: Athey
Occupation: Character Artist for Sony Comp Entertainment - working on a PSP game
Kids: None yet, but one on the way.
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: DH and I have been married for a year and a half - been together for 7 years. Couldn't afford birth control while in college and relied almost entirely on the 'pull out' method. After I we got our new jobs out there we were still really strapped for money and continued with our ill-adviced birth control method. Even after I finally got health coverage through work, I was always 'too busy' to go to the doc to get a prescription! lol... So it was basically bound to happen sometime.

January 13th, 2006, 06:44 AM
nat81
Hi Athey! Welcome and Congrats!!! I love your siggy
January 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Annaliza (pronounced Anna-lisa)

Occupation: Network Administrator and Software Engineer for an Aerospace company using titanium and rubber products with nanotechnology for the military and private orgs

Kids: 2 teen girls, 16 and 17 (will be 17 in Aug, and 18 in April), working on my 3rd

What's your "unplanned preg" story?: After a couple of m/c about 6-7 yrs ago, the DR told me that I probably wouldn't get preg again due to Ovarians disease and other medical complications. After losing 30lbs and keeping it off for about 2 yrs plus eating/getting healthy with diet and exercise, I got preg with my 3rd...so in all, it took us about 9-10 yrs to have this one.

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
January 13th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Veteran
Name: Brigitte

Kids: Almost half of one...lol

What's your "unplanned preg" story?: I was a b/c pill nazi! Everday at 3pm my cell phone alarm would go off and I would take my pill. I don't really know what happened for sure, but it could have been due to drinking at a wedding that month, and well as alcohol lessens the effect of b/c...you know the rest. Or perhaps my man's little soldiers are just that powerful!!! lol

January 16th, 2006, 06:57 AM
nat81
Anyone else want to share???
January 16th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
I want to share!!!

Name: Tamara
Kids: 1 step daughter - 9years old
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: Well, I had had an ovarian cyst removed in June...during the course of the surgery they removed both ovaries to make sure they were both alright. Then replaced them in my abdomin...I was told that due to all of the hormonal changes and having had things moved around that it would be at least a year until body would be ready to be fertile. I got pregnant in early November, guess my body was ready a whole lot quicker than we expected. Looking back, after the surgery I was pretty careless - I assumed nothing would happen. So my fiance and I had just gotten engaged, and four weeks later I got preggo! I am so excited now though!

</a>
January 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
Name: Chelsea
Kids: Breanna Magdalene......she's 2weeks 5days now
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: I just got pregnant unexpectadly, fought for her life (family wanted an abortion) and went on happily through my pregnancy (minus hot flashes, heartburn, BH, etc.)

January 17th, 2006, 08:46 AM
lordsdaughtr's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to lordsdaughtr
Name: Natasha
Kids: Pregnant with 1st
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: Didn't use protection (bad mistake). Got pregnant and the father is not in the picture. But I am very happy that I am pregnant.

January 17th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Regular
Name: Jamie

Occupation: Former loan officer...stay at home mom past 2 years

Children: Son - 7 and Daughter - 5.....maybe 3rd on way

I have always struggled with b/c either I couldn't remember to take my pills or my body didn't react well to something. My son was a wedding present...he was conceived the day after my wedding...oops. Afterwards I bounced between b/c methods and finally got tired of the hassle and we used pull-out...oops along came my daughter. In past year I decided to try the nuva ring so I wouldn't have to worry about it...on the ring I miscarried twice. So needless to say since the last m/c in October we haven't used anything besides pull-out...I'm not so sure it worked...again.
January 18th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Regular
NAME: Megan

CHILDREN: A baby girl on the way

WHAT'S YOUR "UNPLANNED PREG" STORY?: My husband and I were not using any method of birth control other then the "pull out" method, which worked rather well for quite a long time. Then one day it obviously didn't work very well! We couldn't be more excited though!
January 19th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Mommy2Ethan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: sarah
Kids: ethan is due 04/25/06
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: ortho tricyclin lo for almost 2 years...the suddenly....bam im pregnant lol didnt miss any pills or anything

Ethan Michael 4/13/2006 8 lbs 12 oz 19 inches
Hunter Evan 7/29/2010 9 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches
~Having a baby on my chest being serenaded by my beating heart is nothing short of amazing...~

January 19th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Sadie (or Sarah if we want less confusion with the other *giggle*)
Occupation: SAHM/part time waitress at Bob Evans (Down on the Farm *G*)
Kids: 1 DS 8 years old, 1 DD 9 mos. old, apparently 1 on the way
What's your "unplanned preg" story?: After Molly was born I was on the mini-pill, breastfeeding adn hubby was using protection too (which also limited his ability to 'finish'). We also practiced a bit of abstinence (to the point that we aren't really sure how many times we have, but we know we can count them on one hand)...so when I showed signs of pregnancy, I passed them off as another cyst (had one before, 5lbs. took over the ovary). It wasn't until I felt kicking a couple of weeks ago that I thought maybe I was pregnant!! *LOL* If I'm not I guess I'll have to delete all of this But, despite the initial fears, we are thrilled...but dying to know how far along I am!!
January 20th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Cin1294's Avatar Veteran
Name: Cynthia

Kids: 2 DS's Michael 9 and Chandler 3

What's your "unplanned preg" story?: I had scheduled the surgery to get my tubes tied but had to cancel it due to conflicting dates with our family vacation and before I could reschedule the surgery I found out I was pregnant.
January 21st, 2006, 12:55 PM
Wisey
Name: Ashley

What's your "unplanned preg" story?: Been on BC for 3 years now and one day it decided not to work. Never more happy for something not to work!
January 21st, 2006, 11:14 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Name: Cynthia
Kids: 2 boys ages 7years and 1 year.. Pg with 3rd
What's your "unplanned preg" story? I have two..

After Walker (my eldest was born) we tried for years trying to concieve a sibling.. No no avail.. Then 3 years later we suceeded.. Only to have the baby taken from us.. Then after another long 3year wait.. We were about to give up.. I had been to the doctor.. Only thing was said was it was my weight and hormones.. And they would start me on a birth control.. Which it would make me so sick that I would stop.. Well I went to another doctor and he told me the same thing... I told him that I had already tried that and told him why I didn't stay on it.. And he prescribed me a new kind called Trivora-8.. And it didn't make me sick.. Well the second night I took the pill we and my hubby made love... And it is true what the package states.. Be sure to use additional protection the first week on the pill.. Braxton was concieved on that night.. They pin pointed it down by the sono.. So if it weren't for that we wouldn't of had him.. And with this one.. I have skipped periods.. I usually only have 6 a year.. That is why it was hard to concieve (again caused by my weight and hormones..) So when I skipped 2 (which isn't unusual for me) I thought or well I am falling back into my old pattern.. And I was going to start loosing weight so in the future we could start trying for our 3rd.. Then I missed my 3rd period. And my sister convinced me into taking an HPT.. I told her that Braxton was only 8 months... That there was no way I could be pg.. So it come up positive and I got an appointment and a sono.. Which confirmed that I was 9 weeks pg.. Meaning I got pg when Braxton was only 6 months.. I guess it was just my luck...
January 22nd, 2006, 03:49 AM
Veteran
Name: Karyn
Occupation: SAHM for the past 6 years, previously an orthopedic PA
Kids: Jake 11, Madeline 9, Kyle 15 months
What's your "unplanned preg" story? DH and I were done having children, or so we thought. We were using BC, plus I have 2 fibroids and endometriosis. DH had bilateral hydroceles. With all that going on you wouldn't think that I'd get pg! I knew that I was pg 10 days prior to the time that AF was due. I called my Dr and told her to run a blood test. She thought that I was crazy but decided to humor me. She called me the next morning and confirmed what I thought. Neither of us were happy about it at first. I'd recently undergone back surgery and figured that I'd end up on bedrest. The pg was a breeze and my son is an absolute joy. It's definitely different but we are thoroughly enjoying him, plus my older kids have been an enormous help. That last pg did prompt DH to finally get a vasectomy
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search