I'm so p/o at my doc!!!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Veteran
URGH!!!!!!! I feel like throwing a huge hissy fit over this!!!!!!!!

My boyfriend and I have FINALLY decided and agreed mutally that we want to find out the sex of the baby...I was getting so excited to find out because my u/s is tomorrow!! woohoo!! Well yesterday, I called the hospital where I'm going for the u/s and they've advised me that they do not reveal the sex of the baby, nor do they include that information on the sheets they will fill out and send to my OBGYN!!! I was so pissed! So I asked how I could go about finding out the sex of the baby and she tells me that if my u/s was at the Health Sciences (I'm in Winnipeg, MB) I'd be able to find out...get this! my doc works out of that hospital! That's where I'll be having this baby! And yet she schedules me an u/s at the one and only ####### hospital that won't tell me the sex of the baby??!!!! What a moron!!! I am sooooooo not impressed! Are there any other people that had this happen to them????
I don't even know what to say!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

January 17th, 2006, 01:05 PM
zoey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is really weird. Isn't it your choice? Id be upset too.
January 17th, 2006, 01:08 PM
amandals
Never heard of that within North America. They are doing that in India to prevent sex selective abortions -- but like I said never heard of it over hear.
January 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Veteran
Thanks guys. I guess I'm may be over reacting, but it's like they're keeping information about MY baby from me...I'm this baby's mommy, and I have the right to know! I'm so ticked! Well tomorrow's the big day, so I'll definately see if there's a way I can shmooze the tech into telling me. If not, I'll have some words with my doc. I'll be nice about it, but I'll just have to let her know that I'm not impressed that I wasn't asked ahead of time if I wanted to find out the sex.
AAAHHHHHH! the more I think about it, the more it's pissing me off! GRRRRRRR! K, enough! I'm just going to take a bath and relaaaaaaaax. It'll do me some good.

Thanks for listening to me rant!

Brig

January 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Brigitte, No! You are so not overreacting! I had a similar experience. I was excited to go to my appointment last Thursday. I was going to have another u/s and I could not wait for my appointment. I had been looking forward to it for weeks! Well, the dr.'s office calls me an hour before my appt and tells me they are having problems with their u/s machine...she says to call before I leave to see if its up and working. We call, she tells us that its being worked on and to come on in, it should be working by the time I get there. Well, my fiance and I get there and the receptionist says that we'll start with the doctor first and by the time the doctor is done. When we get done with the doctor, the u/s machine is still not working! I was so upset. I had been so excited for this appoint, and nothing! I was so irritated. I had to take a half a day off work just to go, and now I have to take more time off! I was pissed. I am over it now, but that day I was about ready tear the heads off everyone in the office. In my point of view pregnancy is such a special time, and you can be mad for whatever upsets you. Hope your next appt goes better!

</a>
January 18th, 2006, 04:42 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Yeah, we have the same problem here in BC as well........

They just won't tell you....Unless you get a really nice technician who can see that you are only trying for yourself........

There are alot of cultures that will abort the baby if it is a certain sex and they are trying to stop that from happening...

But I think it is totally ridiculous to be discriminating against everyone....

My first pregnancy was in 1997 when the BC College of Physicians began refusing to tell the gender....... I had three ultrasounds and tried at each one to no avail.....
My last ultrasound was the DAY BEFORE I was to be induced and the still did NOT tell me the gender..............
January 18th, 2006, 09:15 PM
bcmomma's Avatar Veteran
Oh hunny, of course you're not overreacting!!!! So did you find out???????? I'd be just as po'd as you! And you're right...it's YOUR baby, why shouldn't they tell you??? UGH! I hope it works out for you! EMAIL ME!

"As my memory rests/ but never forgets what I lost/ wake me up when September ends."
January 19th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Veteran
Well, again thanks...
I gave it my best shot...But NOTHING!! They wouldn't tell me. What's worse, is that afterwards, I called my docs office to ask how I could go about finding out the sex, and this snooty woman gives me this lame "well it's up the tech if they want to tell, there's nothing you can do, and it's not my fault so take it up with your doctor at your next visit or take it up with you tech if you have a problem with it." then HANGS UP ON ME!!! even though it wasn't my doctor who I spoke to , I'm actually starting to think I should look into another OBGYN. My b/f called her back and asked to have the doc call me back, so we'll wait a few days to see if she does, and if not, I'm going to start looking for another doc. I dont' want to have to get hung up on everytime I have a concern
It;s just not fair!

January 19th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I completely agree with you!

I was disappointed here in Nanaimo when I found out that only 6 doctors deliver babies and my doctor was not one of them...........
Basically you stay with your GP for your prenatal until you are 7 months along and then switch to an OB for the last 2-3 months.....

I switched doctors right away and now I have an OB who has taken over my family's records permanently.... This way I will have the same doctor for prenatal, delivery, and beyond......
January 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gather your GP doesn't do deliveries. Mine does and I was quite thankful for that after having a horrible OBGYN for my first.

Unfortunatly more and more places are not telling what the sex is for 2 reasons. 1 being that even in North America there are plenty of people who would abort the baby due to it being the wrong sex. 2 being lawsuits IF they're wrong. The tech here won't tell you unless you ask but then tells you to not tell anyone who told you. With the new OBGYN we have(he's been here 2 years so not realy new) I am guessing nobody is allowed to tell at the hospital anymore. He even got the rule changed so that you can only walk with your baby in your room. If you are in the hallway it MUST be in a bassinet.

Are there any places around where you can get your own US in 3D or 4D? In the US they have them in malls and they will tell you the sex, but I don't know if we have any in Canada.

oh and get a new dr, but at the very least complain to THAT obgyn what the receptionist said to you.
January 19th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I Live in Illinois and we have this place called stork snapshots that will tell you what the sex of the baby is if you could'nt tell at your u/s appointment.. If you google it it will give you the info..Maybe you have something similer where you live..I hope so and good luck to you....
January 19th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I don't think that there are any "instant" places like that in Canada......Although you can get 3d ones done but there aren't very many places that do them...
January 19th, 2006, 11:35 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
In the US they have them in malls and they will tell you the sex, but I don't know if we have any in Canada.[/b]
In MALLS?!! I've never heard of that!

I've thought about looking into a 4D, but decided it's not worth the money. We couldn't find out the sex due to baby's position. And now I'm all set with not knowing, and don't want to know. It will be very very weird to finally put a gender to the child, after so long...
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search